Difference between micro loop extension placements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi
In just a bit curious as to why some technicians stagger their extensions like brick work? I was taught to apply all strands next to each other & leave a small amount of hair in between rows rather than in between strands if makes sense.
Does staggering them like brick work make the hair blend in more?
Ive seen a lot of other techs photos and some fit them like me (all next to each other) and some do the brickwork placement?
Thanks

I got taught to put strands back to back underneath and as you work up start staggering them to help it blend :) i think everyone has different ways of doing it as long as your happy with the result!

I've just completed my Micro Loop course and we were told to use a 'brick' pattern so they blended better. The tutor did say to do what ever works best on the clients hair so we can leave a little hair between each strand placement (if that makes sense) Guess it can vary from one company course to another?!?

Yes i suppose so. I thought maybe this was done if the client had fine hair or using say half a head of extensions but trying to make it look like a full head if makes sense. Just wondered why some had been taught different to me x

Yes i suppose so. I thought maybe this was done if the client had fine hair or using say half a head of extensions but trying to make it look like a full head if makes sense. Just wondered why some had been taught different to me x
Hello! You can do it one of both ways but we as a salon and academy prefer to place them back to back and let ehm fall into a natural 'brickwork' layout as you go higher, leaving a minimal gap of hair out between rows. This technique we have been doing for 10 years and it creates maximum thickness and minimal issues x

Hello! You can do it one of both ways but we as a salon and academy prefer to place them back to back and let ehm fall into a natural 'brickwork' layout as you go higher, leaving a minimal gap of hair out between rows. This technique we have been doing for 10 years and it creates maximum thickness and minimal issues x

Hi there, hmm this bothers me!! Much! I've just fitted my Second client, which ended up fabulous btw - So chuffed! You're absolutely right lovebellex, as I have read time and time again about leaving a tail comb width between each section, which to me is just down right confusing and daft! As if I was to do this, there is no way on this earth that I would fit in no where near enough hair in to give a full/thick look.... it's really something I've found out that doesn't work myself. I've just left a thin layer out and started on the next row, and this works great. I know all heads are different, but It could cause a lot of confusion and delays in technicians progress if you ask me. I've no idea why trainers teach this method. :( I was basically told you must leave a comb width between each row!!! Pfft that would leave the client probably with rats tail straggly ends... anyway I've ranted enough haha I've learnt the best way myself and it's working fine and clients can wear their hair up safely still too so all is good in da hood ;-) xx

Latest posts

Back