Difference between primer and bonder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laoura

Reaction score
Hi guys.can you tell me please the difference between a primer and a bonder?and also,do i have to use them both together or just the primer or just the bonder alone.thank you.x

Hi guys.can you tell me please the difference between a primer and a bonder?and also,do i have to use them both together or just the primer or just the bonder alone.thank you.x
Bonders are used to dehydrate, remove oils, and raise the Ph balance of the nail. This helps any nail enhancement stick/bond better.

Primers also act as a bonder but do so in a different way. They may be acid or non-acid. Primer prepares the nail by preparing the nail surface. Primers are more chemically corrosive and they rough up the nail surface and act as "roots" for your enhancement to bond to.

Primers are primarily for acrylics and bonder is primarily it gel if I am not mistaken

So it's not nessesary to use both of them together right?because i usually use only the dehidrater and then the bonder when i do a hard gel application.and when i do a soak off gel polish i use the dehidrater with the primer.i didn't have any problems untill now but i just wanted to make sure and see what others do.

Use what's recommended for your chosen brand.

If you didn't have any problems until now, what problems are you having and what have you changed?

I don't use primer with gel polish. Just good pep and Scrubfresh.

Primers are primarily for acrylics and bonder is primarily it gel if I am not mistaken
I only do acrylics and use Young Nails Protein Bond which works like a double sided tape so it isn't invasive to the natural nail, like for example an acid based primer.

Latest posts

Back