Difference with Wella and cheap peroxide?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueperstyling

Reaction score
Do you really notice a difference in the peroxides? The salon I used to work at used wella colours and just cheap hi tech peroxide. I'm now a mobile hairdresser and would like people's opinions is there really a difference?

There is a post further down telling you all about the differences check it out ;)

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=256896 Peroxides-difference?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Search for my post on this few days ago

In my opinion hair feels much more nourished after colouring when using the specified developer from the same brand x

I use the cheap peroxide with the wella colour I still get gorgeous results however I still use the pastel for toning and colour touch developer with the quasi I habe noticed that the mixture feels more creamy when applying to the hair if you use the welloxon peroxide x

Yes I'm getting the same good results with tints but I find semi permanent and pastel toning is not such a great result! (I use 3%)
Also recently 12% with highlift or bleach highlights isn't lifting as light as it should I reckon they have changed an ingredient in the cheap peroxide as I'm not getting the same results I used to.
I'm going back to wella peroxide!

I always use the correct developer. I once ran out off the required developer and used another brand I had on hand.. Never ever ever again.. It was such a different result and the hair was compromised.

I have only done it once so that's all I can go by, but not again for me

I agree that high lifts don't lift as clean or light when used with generic peroxide x

Latest posts

Back