Different LCN Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadezhda

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was taught in the LCN 3-step system, with the bonder/formature/sealant, and only that system, however, in my Student kit, it also came with a couple of one step systems, which I've played with a teensy bit. I've gotten from my teacher that different systems have different benefits for indivudual clients needs, but she never told me what. I was hoping to get that information from an LCN catalogue, which I was told I could request from the beauty supply store, but they didn't have any in. Aaand here's the worst part- I was trained in BC, and I now live in Saskatchewan. I don't have contact with my teacher as she was one hired by a Holistic College that I went to, and had a quarrel with the President on the way the classes were held (She kept cutting classes down so much that we'd have one class for learning everything and no practice classes at all, ie one class on sanitation, one class on tips, one class on l&p, one class on gels, and no practice classes in between to use the products under teacher supervision) without refunding me anything. I managed to pay my teacher for the extra classes I felt were neccesary (All the sanitation and hygiene that weren't covered under my Mani/Pedi classes, extra practice classes and extra e-file classes) before managing to end the conflict with the President by having the full amount of the course refunded to me, unfortunately without getting any certification (and missing out on the classes for the Pedique system and nail art) So my training was mostly complete, but my teacher had a conflict of honour in the industry in continuing to teach me privately after the conflict with the school, so I wasn't able to get information there.

Furthurmore, the beauty store sold me an opened Pedique kit! I bought the kit and packed it up , as I literally was moving the next week, and upon arriving, found that the kit was open! No warrantly for the light, the white product was opened and one of the brushes was used. Thankfully nothing else was open or used, but there were no papers inside at all, which means no instructions. And since the receipt was lost during transport (and I was now two provinces away) they refused to do anything about it.

So, I have a few questions that I hope can be answered:

What are the differences in the LCN products? The extra products I have are One Component Resin F, Bondique, and Fibrique.

Is there anything I need to know about Pedique? I had brief instruction that it was like any one-step system, just on the toes. Is there anything special I need to know about it? Are there any special precautions (other than the obvious) that I should take should it be wanted by a diabetic? An unopened bottle of Mykosept came with it. How should I use this product?

Thanks a bunch in advance, and I've loved this forum since I found out about it, and have been lurking until I decided to ask these questions :p

Er, for clarification, I have done searches here and elsewhere for information, I'm just looking for more specifics.

I know bondique is nice and flexible, and is good on natural nails, and that it's not good over tips. Does it just not stick to tips?

I know fibrique is strong, but... is that it? Does it compromise anything (look, shine) for that strength?

And as far as the OCRF goes, I'm having a heck of a time trying to find anything about it. I get lots of information about resins and fibreglass, but I can't find information specifically about the product.

Hi there!! LCN has a really dissapointing website in Canada. I live in Sask. and I get my product from Best Buy Esthetics in Saskatoon. They ship it right to me through Canada Post.

It's really quite easy once you get the hang of it! This website is about as informative as I could find on the web. LCN - Resins Details Beauty Supply

If you're doing a overlay on a tip I blend the tip, clean, Connex plus, then put thin layer of One Componant, I put my free-edge smile, then one componant again, then wipe, shape, and then sealant.

There's so much more. The three step is good for sculpting and the gel is non self leveling. The one componant is self leveling and is a bonder, sculpt, and sealant all in one. The fibrique has little fibers in it for people that are really hard on their nails and bondique is an extra bonder gel.

My main gels I use are: sculpture, bonder, connex plus, One Componant Pink, One Componant Clear, one componant pastel, fm pearl white, noble sparks and silver french top, naturelle, clear sealant and pastel sealant. The pastels give a really pretty 'milky' look to the nails (good for not so pretty nails) and the silver and noble sparks french tops are really really pretty!!!

Try giving Best Buy a call and they have resources that are helpful, LCN offers free courses as well!! It's just a bit of a pain trying to find them!!!

Hope this ramble helped!!!

PM me if you have any questions as I'm pretty new too and it's nice to share info.!!!

Jody

It's a while since I used LCN so this is really coming out of the grey matter!!!

The 3 phase system you use is the best and the strongest of all the LCN gels, but is VERY hard to master as it does not self level at all. However some people prefer one phase gels (OCR) for ease of use, and because they are a LOT cheaper. Bondique is great as a natural nail overlay as they flex with the nail and so rarely lift, however it is not strong enough to support a tip (I know I tried it and they break very easily). Dermique is great as a hypo allergenic product. Fibrique is a very strong OCR product as it has little fibres in it for added strength, however you have to make sure you seal it well as the fibres will negate the non porous benefits of the product.
If I remember rightly OCR F is a pretty strong product and is a good all rounder, but I ended up using the phasique system most of the time. It's also a 3 phase product, but again cheaper than the sculpture system, however you have to use all 3 components as each element has a certain amount of "strength" in it, and I found phase 3 just wasn't that shiny!

HTH

I have been using the white velocity tips instead of the clear ones and have been having alot of clients coming back complaining of lifting of the product. The tips does not come off just the gel. Since the light is curing from the top i cannot understand if it is solely the tip or something that i am doing wrong. It is getting so stressful that I dread hearing the phone ring. I followed all the steps by reading my book and it seems that I am not doing anything wrong. Needless to say I am not using the white tips anymore. Although I put them on me and have had no problems as well as some of clients not having problems either. Any ideas?

White tips and gel do no often make good bedfellows. The trouble is that the white of the tip reflects back the ultra violet light and so the gel doesn't always fully absorb it. You could try double curing (ie 4 minutes insteaf of 2 mins) as that does help, also make sure you take off all the shine off the tip before gel application. If all else fails you will have to use clear tips and white gel to get the French finish. HTH

thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I am NOT using the white tips anymore.....I never thought about the white reflecting since to me if I use french white it seems the same...white tips versus painting then white...however I am so stressed I will not continue to use the white...so glad you are there with feedback.:)

Latest posts

Back