Dip dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-jo

Reaction score
hi geeks, I am a mobile hairdresser and a client has asked for dip dye which I have never done before so just wanted to pick your brains for the best way to go about this.
currently I have done 12/1 high lift tint full head foils on her hair,so the ends are pretty much the colour she would like but how do I best achieve darkening the roots and blending,help gratefully received! :biggrin:

If you do a wee search there's lots of threads already answering this query.
The way I would do it is add in pre pig with my tint. Paint it on in foils using conditioner to cover the ends and slightly feather with ur tint brush so the line is not too harsh

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

thanks for the reply, I typed in dip dye in search but nothing came up,will have another look!:biggrin:

ohmygorgeous so if I was keeping the ends the same should I foil the bottom I was keeping blonde with conditioner and then paint on dark brown like a full head colour and try and feather brush to blend? x

anyone pls? still cant really find anything in search to answer my question? x

I agree with ohmygorgeous.
Some stylists use a darker root colour, then shade or 2 lighter for mid lengths then blended through to the blonde (the color your client has already on the ends)
Check out the before and after thread.

Hiya it depends if he wants 'dip dye' (2 colours no blending) Or 'ombre' (which is a gradual fade) Should be lots of threads! Xx

You could back comb up the hair then colour root/mid length into the blonde ends then it will give you dip dye with a fade. Or you could do darker roots, then a few tones lighter on middle in to lighter ends. If she already has roots and just wants to make her ends look dip dyed then you could leave roots and back comb ends up a little, bleach with 6% then apply toner to desired colour after lifting with the bleach.

thanks for the reply, I typed in dip dye in search but nothing came up,will have another look!:biggrin:
search ombre!! Think that may be a bit more helpful xxx

I've seen this done recently at college, to get the none straight edge you backcomb he hair at the part of the hair where u want the dip dye to begin, then apply the colour and voila a perfect dip dye. It looks fab. I can't wait to have a victim to do this on ;)

I would recommend using colour touch,
I used 55/07 on the roots followed by 88/07 on mid lengths and then /00 gloss to add shimmer to the ends,
That's how I created this look, from 12/1 and bleach foils previously.
Good Luck, :) xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371408309.855143.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371408309.855143.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 218
Looks gorgeous x

Latest posts

Back