Disappointed with Shellac mention in W&H

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffyFileSlayer

Reaction score
I was disappointed to read in the August W&H that the Beauty Director's Shellac "chipped and looked less than perfect after 6 days" I wonder who did her nails. I would have told her that if you have any problems let me know before you write about it!! I don't see Shellac advertised to the general public very often so could have done without this!! lol

Grrr wish some people would follow the old one
" nothing nice to say then shut up"
What is W&H mag? Lol

After 6 days it's most likely something she did ....
So it's like saying .... Her magazine was rubbish as it got wet in the rain!

I wouldnt worry too much, some people dont look after their nails right and some people's nails are not right for all products, its just a shame this was someone with more of a voice.
Use some of the posotive articles out there instead for your marketing, there really is a lot of them! Take a look at this:

CND Shellac Sizzle 2011 - YouTube

:hug:

I was disappointed to read in the August W&H that the Beauty Director's Shellac "chipped and looked less than perfect after 6 days" I wonder who did her nails.

Exactly! Was the person who did the Shellac application competent or certified to do Shellac? What kind of condition were her nails in in the first place? One wear and you're ready to write-off the product? Really?

I don't like journalists.

The girlfriend of a minor celebrity radio DJ around here somehow gets her hands on professional products and writes up reviews and tutorials on how to do gel nails at home etc.

Somehow she got her hands on biosculpture so then when her and I were arguing on twitter, bioUK saw her say "i love biosculpture" without seeing shes not a tech and said "glad you love it!"

I almost lost my brains. gave up after like two days lol

Grrr wish some people would follow the old one
" nothing nice to say then shut up"
What is W&H mag? Lol

After 6 days it's most likely something she did ....
So it's like saying .... Her magazine was rubbish as it got wet in the rain!

W&H is Woman and Home quite a big womans mag over here. x

Exactly! Was the person who did the Shellac application competent or certified to do Shellac? What kind of condition were her nails in in the first place? One wear and you're ready to write-off the product? Really?

I don't like journalists.

Totally agree - she started off so well too - to put it in context the whole paragraph read:-

"You may have heard of the Shellac manicure and pedicure by CND nails, the 14-day treatment perfect for holidays, and while I must say the colour stays amazingly glossy till the moment it comes off, I did find it chipped and looked less than perfect after only 6 days. Try for yourself and let me know what you think."

I must say I am tempted to call :irked: lol x

Latest posts

Back