Discipline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Il also add toby has a set routine for everything and it works well for us all, my partner didnt get smacked as a child but chose to smack toby.. why? Because he sees how much respect i have for my parents when he never had that for his.

I am always told im a fantastic parent and that people wish theyd been like me with their own kids because toby is fantastic ( if i do say so myself) hes so content and smiley and me n him are so so close xx

Sent from my X10i

My mother and father spanked us as children and I remember the fear I felt. I never wanted my child to feel that fear. I wanted his respect...not his fear. Time outs were his bane. He hated to be sent to his room. He didn't like to be separated from us.

We could take him to the store, out to dinner, where ever, and we never had a problem. He always behaved.

He's 22 years old now, and I can honestly say, it was easy-peasy. Other than his going to school just to socialize rather than do school work, it was smooth sailing....no corporal punishment necessary.

My daughter just turned 2 and my son is 8 months. We believe that if another form of punishment, like time out, works then that is what we are going to do. After time out she has to apologise and give the person she wronged a hug. It works great and she is in timeout maybe once a week, usually this is only when she is tired. She is so happy and loving and smiley. I do not think spanking is the only way to discipline children, time out also works. . . At least for my daughter, we will see about my son. Lol!

I have spanked her little booty when she has continuously pushed her brother from her toys, or something along those lines. But it has only been 2 times. Sometimes they just need to feel slight pain to know the pain they are causing.

My husband and I were both spanked when we were growing up, we turned out fine. Honestly it hurt my feelings more when my parents said they were "disappointed in me" than any spanking ever did.

Just my thoughts :)

Sent from my SPH-P100 using SalonGeek

So what about those of you who aren't parents, what are your thoughts? Would like to hear from all, not just those of us with children, what is your take on why we seem to have a social decline now? xx

Before I was a parent I treated my nieces and nephews the same way I treat my children now. If they were mean to each other they had to sit in timeout then give each other hugs when they got up. If they refused to hug they sat in time out another minute and were told to hug again.

I do this to my daughter and will to my son when he is older. I think it helps them understand to be nice to each other and show that they care about each other.Hugs

Sent from my SPH-P100 using SalonGeek

I beleive all children are differant and we(as parents) need to figure out what works for each individual child.
My son is a very placid happy-go-lucky kid and i only have to tell him hes doing something wrong for him to understand, and start apologising yet my daughter is another story.
She is very energetic, social butterfly and does get the occasional smack (if it warrants) as this is the most effective method of dicipline for her, i could talk to her till im blue in the face and she still wouldnt fully understand that her behaviour is unacceptable.
I think children all have differant personalities and respond to differant types of dicipline.
I wonder what my youngest will be like???
Happy parenting to all...

I've really enjoyed reading all your replies, thank you for contributing :hug:

Latest posts

Back