Diseases and Disorders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeejOssi

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain the difference between a nail disorder and a nail disease?
Sorry...just something I need to explain in my latest college unit, and I'm having trouble putting it into words.... A disease or infection will have evidence of pus, inflammation and infection. Do not manicure/pedicure these nails. A disorder is a condition caused by an injury or an imbalance in the body.

Interesting we were asked on our VTCT about Contra-Indications - ie a contra-indicaton means something that means you are unable to treat.

A nail disease is contagious and a disorder tends to be mechancial or congenital trauma or result of an infection ..i think, god I can't be definate will have to look it up in my books tonight... :|

DeejOssi said:
Can anyone please explain the difference between a nail disorder and a nail disease?
Sorry...just something I need to explain in my latest college unit, and I'm having trouble putting it into words.... A disease or infection will have evidence of pus, inflammation and infection. Do not manicure/pedicure these nails. A disorder is a condition caused by an injury or an imbalance in the body.

Hiya,
A disease is exactly that and a disorder are things like, Onychophagy (bitten nails), Onychorexis. The complete nail technician Part 2 is a fab book and explains all the different types.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back