Disheartening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debilour

Reaction score
I have a client who I do every fortnight. Every time I have done her nails she has had a bit of an issue of sorts. I did her a French polish last Thursday
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434054783.471547.jpg

I thought it looked pretty good, she sent me this pic on Monday
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434055297.817214.jpg

Asking if I could replace the diamanté as she had a wedding on Friday. I booked her in for Wednesday afternoon. She went on to lose the other 2 diamanté on that finger
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434055424.195772.jpg
. I replaced the 3 diamanté yesterday, the rest of the set still looked immaculate. This evening she messaged me to say 3 nails had chipped and she wanted to remove it. I feel gutted that this has happened. Wondering if it is all worth it?

Don't be disheartened - there's always a solution to be found :)

How do you attach the diamantés? There are different methods people use and find some work better than others. There are lots of threads about this so might be worth doing a search.

With chipping, I have to say I now always double top coat with French and that seems to work well. I had a lady come in today who I applied French 2 1/2 weeks ago and not a chip in sight :)

Also don't forget you don't know exactly what conditions she has exposed her nails to in the last week. This could have nothing at all to do with your skills but be down to her.

I usually set diamantés into top coat cure then put more around them and cure again. When I wipe off the inhibition layer they don't budge. I saw the nails yesterday and they were still immaculate. So I don't get what happened between then and today.

Try not to let it get you down - I know it's difficult. I have the same issue with most of my clients and I've only been doing nails for a couple of months. I use the same products on myself as I do them and never have any nails chip, peel or break (I use tips) but more of my clients seem to have issues within the first few days of application! I think you have to put it down to the client not being as gentle as they should be. What aftercare advice do you give?

I would do the same as you for gems - and then put two layers of top coat on and my gems stick fine for weeks!

Chin up xx

Thank you. I suppose it's just teething problems.
I advise cuticles oil twice daily, gloves etc. wash hands after sun cream application.

Latest posts

Back