Disposable towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson24

Reaction score
Hi guys

I own a small salon with 5 staff, our electricity bill has just gon over the £500 a month level and it's due to our washer and drier never being off. We looking at the idea of dispossible towels - has anyone tried them and what's your thoughts? We are trying to work out all angles ie are they cheaper? And what's the best place to buy? Hope someone can offer their advice or experience

I use easydry towels

How do you find them? We are doing approx 114 clients a week at the min?

I use Eco towels.
I found I was using far too much electric, time and effort constantly washing and drying towels twice a week at home, not to mention the wear and tear on my washing machine and tumble dryer.

I do take a batch home to wash every now and again though to use until they start to disintegrate, as they are also fantastic for cleaning the bathroom, tiles, car, windows ETC and fantastic for cleaning salon mirrors :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

the salon I work in use disposable towels and they really are great. I don't own the salon but they stay on a clients head much easier and are more comfortable. We also use them for cleaning sometimes. We keep normal towels to go round a clients neck, then just hang these out to dry overnight :)

Cool might have a shop around and give the, a try anything has to be better then us paying over £500 a month in electricity

I would suggest to air dry towels or better yet if you have a sunny weather then have it sun dried .Disposable towels are quite costly so must try those tips first but be sure that you sufficient amount of towels.

Unfortunately we live up north so not the best weather lol plus we don't have any outside space :-( just got a revised direct debit for electric and we now paying £598 a month in electric!!! That's £198 more than our rent!

I think disposable towels may not be very eco friendly? In the summer you can leave them on a airer to dry over night or take them to a launderette which is a few pounds for a larger load

sent from loveandscissors hair

Hi guys

Has anyone actually moved to disposable and noticed a cost change? Our new direct debit for elect has gone up to £598 a month omg! We worked out using one towel per client then we would need approx 150-200 towels per week so would cost us about £70 in disposable towels. Just scared I. Make the change and don't see a reduction in elec.

I have a small salon. I changed all our towels to Microfibre. Although I take them home to wash a 30 min cycle is enough and 30 mins on salon dryer is all they take. Also they don't bleach and they are black. I also changed all the halogen bulbs to led made a huge difference in my bill. Pay £100 per month direct debit and always been in credit.

Latest posts

Back