DIY ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewie16

Reaction score
Don't you just hate it when you see a video on YouTube of a non professional doing ombre to their hair slapping it on when it has that line after the finished result and everybody raves about it? It winds me up with so many videos out there and everybody is going to make a mess of their hair and promoting products that trades only use!
I feel like everybody is taking advantage of hairdressers.

Last edited by a moderator:
See it this way- if the public do it and get it wrong, they come to you to get it corrected, there for more money towards you. Mean, but we can't stop people buying these "ombré" kits when they are expecting it to come out like it looks on the box for £5.

See it this way- if the public do it and get it wrong, they come to you to get it corrected, there for more money towards you. Mean, but we can't stop people buying these "ombré" kits when they are expecting it to come out like it looks on the box for £5.

I understand but no they are buying professional products I don't agree with.

I used to work for one of the main wholesalers (not saying any names) and it was terrible! People would come in and want to buy things they have no idea what it would do! And as a rule, we could not say no. I quit because I couldn't take it anymore and went mobile full time! But it's not just the general public that we need to worry about, it's people that go on cheap course and signed up for a trade card! That's more annoying because they have no idea what they are doing and they get it for trade price!!!! This industry needs to become more exclusive like how it used to be! All the DIY hairdressing tools and products out now really pisses me off too.

I used to work for one of the main wholesalers (not saying any names) and it was terrible! People would come in and want to buy things they have no idea what it would do! And as a rule, we could not say no. I quit because I couldn't take it anymore and went mobile full time! But it's not just the general public that we need to worry about, it's people that go on cheap course and signed up for a trade card! That's more annoying because they have no idea what they are doing and they get it for trade price!!!! This industry needs to become more exclusive like how it used to be! All the DIY hairdressing tools and products out now really pisses me off too.

Couldn't agree more

Latest posts

Back