Do beauty apprenticeships exist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyJen

Reaction score
Im considering employing a therapist in my salon, but was wondering about if an apprentice would be a good option. however i heard that only hairdressers can do apprenticeships, not beauty therapists. Is this correct? has anyone else had an apprentice beauty therapist?
Thanks x

They are rare. It's because there is so little for a beauty apprentice to do during the day when they aren't fully trained.

They certainly do, we have two groups progressing to apprenticeships per year. Learners must complete level two before progressing onto a level 3 apprenticeship and so they are fully qualified in all level two treatments when they join you.

I recommend contacting your local colleges who I am sure will direct you to the lecturer responsible for placement. You can also take a look at the following website to do some research for your own peace of mind:

Home - Apprenticeships - Opening doors to a better future

From my experience it's the high flyers that progress down this route, I only had one from a group of 16 who was able to take the option at Easter, so the selection process is very rigorous!

Hi,
As the other posters they do exist.

I start one in the Summer.
My only concern was the pay as I was a level 3 qualified hairdresser but I decided I had to do what I love. And the experience will be priceless.

I am already level 2 qualified so it is a level 3.
xx

Ps I know you are looking to employ but I thought I would put the aspect of a apprentice lol xx

i looked into getting an apprentice couple years ago. didnt know where to start, so called the job centre first - useless. they gave me other numbers to try, but after a week of wasted phone calls i gave up.

However, i do believe that apprentice schemes are now just started to be run by local tech colleges, so, as suggested, try your local one first.

Hope you have more luck than i did!

We have apprenticeship opportunities available at the moment. PM us for details in Essex, Kent & London. x

I was wondering this too... I'd really like a beauty apprentice for my new salon but found local colleges and even the apprenticeship link above to be a bit useless....

Hi just read through this thread, there is a recruitment forum for things like this and if you use the search bar there are people (like myself!) looking to be an apprentice.
I just posted a few threads recently with the title "beauty apprenticeship London/Chelmsford/Essex"
Maybe you could do the same but the other way round? "looking for an apprentice in ***area"

Good luck:) x

They certainly do, we have two groups progressing to apprenticeships per year. Learners must complete level two before progressing onto a level 3 apprenticeship and so they are fully qualified in all level two treatments when they join you.

I recommend contacting your local colleges who I am sure will direct you to the lecturer responsible for placement. You can also take a look at the following website to do some research for your own peace of mind:

Home - Apprenticeships - Opening doors to a better future

From my experience it's the high flyers that progress down this route, I only had one from a group of 16 who was able to take the option at Easter, so the selection process is very rigorous!

That website is great thank you for posting it! :)
Nothing in my area at the moment but I'll keep checking! (Every 5 minutes at the mo) haha x

Latest posts

Back