Do I have reason to complain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
The title sounds a bit harsh!

Basically started an Indian Head Massage courseat my local college last month. Have no previous experience in massage (only in mani & pedi).
Have joined the full time level 3 class to do this unit as the part time evening course kept being cancelled.

The Full time class did this unit before xmas so Ive had no teaching just given a workbook and log in for the college remote learning.

1st week - I had IHM by student. (very lovely it was aswell!)
2nd week - same student ran through routine with me
3rd week - I was expected to know whole routine and practise on another student! I asked one of the tutors if she would do the routine on another student so I could watch and take notes. After this, I had a go and tutor half hartedley (between gossiping with students) watched me.
4th week - I brought in a model to practise on so a tutor could give me pointers - BOTH tutors were off so had a stand in who I had to explain situation to.
5th week - "NO practical class due to staff sickness"
6th weeek - Half Term. (this was last week)

(9 week course so should have 4/5weeks left)

Im expected to do a 'mock assesment' this week and feel nowhere near ready.

I know I'm an adult and you get out what you put in, I've done most of the theory work (all home based through the college online system) but I just feel as though I have no support from the tutors (the rest of the class is doing spray tanning/other L3 treatments so Im the only one doing IHM)

I am at the moment sending an email to the beauty departent to see if i can get a refund from the course as I feel Ive totally wasted my time and money and even if I did see it though and qualify I wouldnt feel confident and almost definately wouldnt offer it as a treatment.

I would much rather wait until the part time course is running and start from the begining with other students and learn at the same pace.

I hate to complain, do I have a reason to be emailing or should I really be 'teaching myself' ?

Hi there and sorry to hear you're not happy on your course. You 100% have every reason to complain if you are unhappy and no you should not be teaching yourself. Thats why the college employs lecturers. Im not sure what the outcome will be in regards to getting a refund but the college should hear about your concerns.

Sometimes applying to short courses is better as the groups tend to be smaller and it gives you more of an opportunity to get involved and be heard.

I hope you sort it xx

Latest posts

Back