Do I invest in some Additives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssyse

Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering whether people go for the specific CND additives or whether anyone uses the ones from ebay?

I am thinking of buying some but have no idea regarding colours that would be most popular and whether there is a difference between buying the additives from CND or just from ebay?

Thank you in advance :)

Hiya I'm fairly new to shellac but I have some of the additives and I love them! So easy to use and you only need a tiny bit so they last ages. Have recently found "the colour shack" on eBay and their mica pigments are just as good as the CND additives :)
Hope this helps xx

Despite being CND trained for years I'm no sheep! U have tried many different additives, powders, pigments, glitters ect ect. BUT the CND and the IRRESISTIBLE range are totally unrivalled. I can confidently say that these particular products are well worth the investment :-D
Treat yourself and your businesses to some stunning colours and textures.

"I" have tried many different additives :)

I would say they are worth it but it all depends on your clientele, only a handful of mine choose them but I think that's because they're more expensive.

Colour wise I would pick ones that you don't have shellac colours of, eg if you need more pinks in your colour choice get those in additives. I'd say only get a few to begin with and see how your clients take to them.

I think I've personally bought too many but they are beautiful and I have no will power lol :p x

Sorry to butt in but Quick question girls, how do you all use the additives? I'm only new to them so wasn't sure if there was only one way or if there was some tricks I could pick up.

CND Additive are lovely!
Their glitters are amazing too!

Here's some I bought, and some colour combos with additives.
You can create any colours with the additives.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393540937.453187.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393540911.716870.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393540846.289159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have both mica and cnd - the colours in cnd are richer and stronger, somedays that's the design I want others I want something subtler - it all has it's place xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use mica, not often used but as soon as I use it on my own nails sales rocket!!

Personally, I was wondering if you could use pigments from MAC. They started their pigment collection long ago, advertising they could be mixed with lipgloss, polish, and anything you could think up.

It definitely depends on your clientele.
I purchased the forbidden collection but no one chose them so I sold it on.
I have used the black pigment from CND though as some clients do like a fade but only with black it seems x

Like others, I have both CND and a lot from Colour Shack. I am completely addicted to nail art, and have far to many products, plates, foils etc, and I have wasted a lot of money buying products on a whim, that don't get used. I have also found the CND ones to have a better depth of colour. But why don't you buy one from each brand, and have a play. You don't want to end up like me, with a big hole in your bank balance and shelf sitters.

Thanks everyone for all of your replies! I think I'm going to buy some CND additives I'll start off with a few and see how it goes!! x

Latest posts

Back