Do use your personal mobile or business number

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly_Nails

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering do you have a different number so customer can phone u on eg. two mobile's or just the one.

Because i've just done my flyer and partner says i should get a pay as you go sim card and use that number, that way i have my privcey.

what do u guys do

thanks

I have a separate cute little pink pay as you go phone,I find it much easier to keep organised that way and can always answer the phone professionally and have my business message on my voicemail.

my clients have my home number and mobile. if its a sunday or too early or late i either look at caller id or let it go through to message bank.

I use my home no. as main number and my mobile is listed on my business cards as well.

I think it is always best to use a landline for your main number, some people do not like phoning mobiles.

Although I am sure that will change as more and more people use mobiles for their business number.

you can always claim your phone bill on your tax returns.

Sam

Thanks everybody never thought about claiming it on the tax returns

I rather use my personal mobile so I wont missed any calls.

Hi there

I have a separate number for business as I don't want clients texting me and calling me on my personal mobile at all hours.

Deb379

Might also be worth getting you land line to not accept witheld numbers - stops any weird phone calls - as you can check the number that's called.

I use both my landline and mobile numbers, I have a different ringtone on my mobile for existing clients.
It works well for me but what works for one person might not work for another. If I had an advert in Yellow Pages then I'd probably get another landline for business calls.

I have got my own mobile number written on my business cards, but now thinking about it, I guess it might be worth getting a seperate number!

Love and hugs

I have a separate mobile number for work, I know it means carrying 2 mobiles but this way I have a dedicated business voice-mail and I can switch it off when I want to.....

i just use my mobile number. i have enough problems with the fone i got let alone having 2!! although it is a great idea that way one personal stuff and business stuff dont get mixed together. xx

Hee Hee I'm glad you asked that one. I use a different name lol, I do so many jobs, so when someone rings and ask for Sherry I know its nails. Or when steve answers my mobile and someone asks for Sherry, steve shouts out ''Nails'' lol. It gives me a few seconds to grab my nail diary.
Sherry (Mandy)

i can't be arsed with two phones so i just use my personal number. some phone companies will let you have two numbers on one sim, with a different ring for each. unfortunately, i can't do this with my phone company (think vodafone do it)

I use two mobiles, one is personal and one is for work.

They are both really tiny, so they fit in my bag OK. The only problem is that I need to remember to always take both my phones !

River

Hi

I use my personal mobile but I should realy get another one, people do ring at stupid o clock to book in etc. I also have a free phone number, this is for my boyfriend's business, but i use it aswell.
x

I use my personal mobile - I couldn't have two - that would really confuse me! do not give out my home phone though - I prefer to have the caller id on my mobile so I can keep a note of numbers and so on.

I also have two lines on my mobile - in case I get so many clients! ( whenever that will be!!!!!)

Latest posts

Back