Do you get many male clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsmac

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,

I start my nail technician certificate class in 3 weeks and I am very excited, I have been told that at some stage I will need to bring a friend/model in to perform a mani/pedi on them as part of that module.

I have no shortage of friends who are happy to help but my hubby has asked if I could take him along. His only concern is that the other students might all bring along female friends/models and he is worried that his attendance might reflect on me in a not so positive light. I can't see that there's any issue, after all aren't our boys entitled to some quality treatments? Plus isn't also to my advantage to say train on harder skin, rougher cuticles and hairier feet/legs ;oP ?

So do you have many male clients?? Do you lovely geeks see any issues with me taking Mr Mac???

I took my husband with me as my model for my pedicure course- all my mates work during the day so I was struggling to find a girl to come. No-one seemed bothered at all. I think more men these days do get pedicures and manicures - it's slowly becoming more acceptable and about time too.

In the shop I work in there are more male pedi clients than females at the moment.
I'm my experience I'd say practicing on a male would be brilliant as you say they have tougher skin, cuticles etc.
i don't think there would be a problem with it at all. A model is a model at the end of the day.
Sam xx

Thanks for the advice! Hubby is very pleased that he will get to enjoy some fancy foot and hand pampering...I may have created a monster though....

Well I'm not sure if yours will but my course required me to work on a male as part of my mani/pedi cert x

Latest posts

Back