Do you like where you live?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love where I live. Very affluent area with cafe's restaurants, shops and clients with a disposable income. My road is the best in the world. Everyone knows each other and looks out for each other without getting in your face.

We have some of the best schools in the country on our doorstep, the international airport is 10 mins drive away, the city centre is 10 miles away.

Saw Freddy Flintoff picking up his Thai takeaway from the restaurant we were dining in last night. :biggrin: it's like spot the celebrity around here.

Only downside is that these celebs attract burglars. :rolleyes:

I'm very lucky to be in such a nice area and will hopefully never have to move.

I live in cheadle, cheshire and moved in with my husband about 6 years ago. I love it here, its quiet and my daughters school is only 5 min walk away, 8 mins drive to my part time job and i have lots of clients that come to me in surrounding towns. We are near to loads of shopping places and supermarkets but they're not on our doorstep which is nice! There have been some cars being broken into etc but i moved out of my mums in Levenshulme which i liked because it was so close to manchester city centre for work & shopping but it was very noisy & probably not as safe as cheadle. I hate visiting my mum as parking is a nightmare because it has limited parking and space and there is a cash & carry on the bottom of her road just on the main road, which causes chaos! You would never get something like that in cheadle, which is why i love it here! Im very superstitious so hopefully something wont happen now i have posted this lol the only thing i hate is everybody knows everybody's business if you have been here a long time as there are a lot of busy bodies, you get to know a lot of them working in this industry i suppose!

I live in cheadle, cheshire and moved in with my husband about 6 years ago. I love it here, its quiet and my daughters school is only 5 min walk away, 8 mins drive to my part time job and i have lots of clients that come to me in surrounding towns. We are near to loads of shopping places and supermarkets but they're not on our doorstep which is nice! There have been some cars being broken into etc but i moved out of my mums in Levenshulme which i liked because it was so close to manchester city centre for work & shopping but it was very noisy & probably not as safe as cheadle. I hate visiting my mum as parking is a nightmare because it has limited parking and space and there is a cash & carry on the bottom of her road just on the main road, which causes chaos! You would never get something like that in cheadle, which is why i love it here! Im very superstitious so hopefully something wont happen now i have posted this lol the only thing i hate is everybody knows everybody's business if you have been here a long time as there are a lot of busy bodies, you get to know a lot of them working in this industry i suppose!

Cheadle is lovely. Nearly went there yesterday for my John Lewis fix! :wink2:

Awful isn't it when it's so close to home :( never knew you was from rotherham area :D but yeah i agree apart from all this recently i do like it here. I have lived here all my life, even lived on the same street all my life. Although i have lived in 3 different houses on the same street :p xx

Haha I lived in 2 places in the same village until about 3 years ago when I moved to the opposite side of town. We clearly don't like to leave though do we haha!
It got a bad rep from being on TV and that Jamie Oliver thing but we know it's not all that bad haha :)

Laura xx

So do you like where you live, and if not where do you want to move to xxx

I live on a small island on the west coast of Scotland but its only a 7 minute ferry crossing to mainland
I'm the only beautician here and my salon is about 20 steps to the beach. In the summer I find it difficult not to be distracted by boats in the bay, but in winter the waves hit my window 😳
I wouldn't swap it for anything - a bit more sun & it would be perfect ![/QUOTE]

Aww that sounds soooo nice!!!

Laura xx

I've moved 17 times in my 42yrs and the last 12 of them I've been in this house... Every single move has been within Southampton.

I'm in a tiny circle with parking only for 3 of the houses and until 5yrs ago it was lovely here, it was calm and peaceful - a beautiful place where everyone was friendly yet kept themselves to themselves but weren't afraid to ask for help if needed.
A majority of the circle have been here all their lives all bar me and two other families - the only ones with younger kids..
Both myself and one other family have gelled well with the locals, respected the ways and become firm friends looking out for others as they have done too.. Except my immediate neighbours adjoining!!!
They EFF and Jeff, beat their kids, caused havoc to every person in the circle, fight outside, have social services hammering at the doors, police day and night.. These poor kids are 12, 10 and 7.
So many things, vile stuff has gone on but I won't bore you all.
They have changed the lovely dynamics of our circle, the council refuse to do anything as they were put in the circle as they were trouble makers elsewhere in flats.. These are houses so they fit the need (I wish my old neighbours hadn't died :( )
So..... If I could move the adult neighbours next door to their own island n rehome the kids then this place would continue to be ideal.. BUT as my youngest is getting older and listening in the garden to their language and asking me what a *^•× etc is then I feel anywhere could be better.. But maybe a lovely big farmhouse with no neighbours would be the answer :)

I've 4 kids, 3 grown up and a 5yro plus 3 grandkids and I've never had to make the amount of verbal rubbish as they do!

If its down to areas I can't compare to anywhere although my brother and Aunt live in diff places in Cornwall and I quite fancy somewhere calm and scenic like that when I'm older :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha I lived in 2 places in the same village until about 3 years ago when I moved to the opposite side of town. We clearly don't like to leave though do we haha!
It got a bad rep from being on TV and that Jamie Oliver thing but we know it's not all that bad haha :)

Laura xx

That with the schools? & the 'restaurant' lol! They always say people from yorkshire sound the friendliest cos of their accent & thats the main thing i love about living where i do xx

That with the schools? & the 'restaurant' lol! They always say people from yorkshire sound the friendliest cos of their accent & thats the main thing i love about living where i do xx

Yeah haha I think just the people they chose to go on his show weren't some of our best lol. Me too I once got told I 'sound like emmerdale but sexy' haha! What a compliment lol 😳
A love livin' in yorkshire me!

Laura xx

Loving this thread! Round where I live loads of people are called bye their nicknames. Or like a version if their last name, for example if your smith you could be called "smithy" or jones could be "joner". Loads of really strange names people have around here lol xxx

I hate where I live!

I live in a small town in the north east of Scotland near the coast.

There's very little jobs, it's almost always cold and/or raining and the crime is starting to rise also. (And I live in the good area Sony can't imagine what the crappy bits are like lol)

I plan to move away once I've completed college and find a job/business and build a life for me and my kids away from here :).... Some day :/

I live about 15 mins walk from Twickenham rugby ground & I hate where I live.

Can't complain too much here. I moved from a place where gun crimes and gang activity are pretty high to a place where the worst of my problems is a pair of neglectful parents leaving their kid to scream his little head off in their backyard in rain or shine. But the complex I live in is clean, well maintained, safe, and close to everything.

I live in South Yorkshire too! I lived in Gloucestershire for 2 years as I went to college there. I'd always said I'd wanted to move away but living in Gloucs changed my mind, I adore where I live but I'd love a place in York as it's my favourite city, not permanent though just a getaway! I'm the type of person that gets anxious about changes

Someone asked me how was Spain. Hazeleyes I think.

It was great. Our son calls it home as he was only 12 when we moved there and we stayed for 7 years. I trained there to do nails and got an international qualification in it, so it's recognised everywhere. We also had a property management company which was extremely good. My husband mainly dealt with that. I did the interior design side of things in it. Spending other peoples money with their permission is brilliant!

I felt more settled there than anywhere else. I would move back there this afternoon given the chance.

Manchester isn't too bad really, I just don't feel like its home to me. Very arrogant drivers too. So annoying and rude. Don't get me wrong, England is a very beautiful place in the nice weather, but I prefer to be near the sea or countryside. I hate towns. I need space, fresh air and views. But we have to go where the work is , so onwards and upwards.

I live in Rome, Italy. It's not my first time living here but a few of the things that I love are my view, the sunshine, being close to some of my family, the honesty of Romans which is refreshing. A few things that I miss about living in the UK are the diversity of cultures, being able to get different types of food, politeness of people, decent tea bags and the NHS. Here it can be quite chaotic, people can be very rude and it takes a long time to get anything done. Oh and the traffic is not fun :-D.

I'm originally from Manchester but moved to Leeds when I was 18 where I stayed for 10 years and loved the place. Love Manchester but it's a big city and what I always loved about Leeds was that same city feeling but always bumping into people u knew and had a smaller vibe about it.
I now live live in Dubai and have for 4.5 years, originally started in Abu Dhabi and moved up here a year ago (they're only an hour apart). Whilst I love love love the year round sunshine, the amazing lifestyle, I do miss uk for obv reasons inc friends and family. This place can be really trying at times and I miss the normality of the uk.
Don't plan to stay here forever, maybe another 5 years and will return to Manchester as I'd had enough of Leeds by the time I'd left. Will depend when We have kids as want them to school in the uk not here. Don't want expat brats!!

I hate where i live. Its a complete and utter dive. People are not nice, very discrimatory and i swear no one has ever heard of a shower. Im only here cos i live with my mum but desparetly trying to get out and now i have a mentor it shouldnt be too long yay!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have just moved so can't make an informed decision as yet but detested where I lived before I mean I abhorred it. Had to move just so my children didn't grow up there! X

Have just moved so can't make an informed decision as yet but detested where I lived before I mean I abhorred it. Had to move just so my children didn't grow up there! X

Lol! Where was it?

Ahh so I was born in Bosnia, landed in Croatia, Split where my parents have a lovely beach house but since my parents are a "mix" we had to go elsewhere post war :(
We moved to Windsor, Ontario when I was 14 and I loved going to highschool and college there, my friends are awesome. I married my first hubby and lived in Detroit Michigan until I decided to leave him. Economy in Ontario was in the dumps and so I picked up the kids and moved further west to Cowtown! I have been here now for 5 yrs and I have done more than I could ever do anywhere else. We own a house and we own our spa, kids school is right around the corner and its a tight knit community in a city of close to 2 million people. I can envision great things here as it is so versatile, we have the worlds best Mayor lol and if ppl would just learn to drive better it would be greatest :D

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Latest posts

Back