Do you moisturise before a spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmaz

Reaction score
I cant find a right answer on this one, some people moisturize there WHOLE body the night before some people dont, what is the right thing to do?

I would say NO. With the *possible* exception of a small dab of moisturiser on an area that may grab, such as the heels.

Hi there

You will need to exfoliate the night before but on the day of the spray tan the skin needs to be clear of any products. If you want a lighter effect then a moisturiser can be used all over the body but if you are going for the darker look then just keep the moisturiser to knees, feet, elbows and hands.

Happy tanning!

Julia

Applying a moisturiser to the skin before a spray tan application could well create a barrier and therefore the spray tan solution wont take.... You are far better to fully strip the skin of dead cells before having a spray tan application and dont apply any moisturiser.

Even dry areas can be stripped back however be careful not to over do it and create an" irritated "skin surface which could cause problems of a different kind.

Where excessive dry skin is present which cant safely be removed then a very light application of a light moisturiser will definitely help reduce the "grabbing" effect...however the opposite effect of a white tone to this area could be achieved.

it really is a fine balance to be had however the ideal scenario is to remove as much dead skin as is possible...without aggravating the skin of course

HTH :hug:

Hiya

I was taught to exfoliate and moisturise the day before the tan but DO NOT moisturise on the day of the tan

Would you say that it was best not to moisturise the day before either then? would this still act as a barrier from the day before?

Hiya

I was taught to exfoliate and moisturise the day before the tan but DO NOT moisturise on the day of the tan

Would you say that it was best not to moisturise the day before either then? would this still act as a barrier from the day before?

Providing your not using an oil such as baby oil a general moisturiser applied the night before should be fine...although when you take your morning shower do make sure you thoroughly remove it all

HTH :hug:

Exfoliate your skin 24hours before your Spray Tan session for flawless streak free tanning results. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet and hands. You will need an exfoliator especially made for spray tanning the best ones have fruit acids, and without any oil or moisturisers.

Spray Moisturizer Body

Latest posts

Back