Do you offer nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnailnewbie

Reaction score
Hello,
I was just wondering if most of you offer nail art and if you do what kind?
I'm awful at freehand apart from simple things like dots and more dots :o I have a range of transfer foils, decals and stickers for my clients to choose from but i have been asked a few times if i can copy designs from pictures and things like that, and i feel a bit embarrassed when i say well no im not that artistic. Do you think it would be a good idea to attend a nail art class? If so is there any you would recommend. I use China Glaze and OPI polishes and Gelish soak off gel polish

Hello,
I was just wondering if most of you offer nail art and if you do what kind?
I'm awful at freehand apart from simple things like dots and more dots :o I have a range of transfer foils, decals and stickers for my clients to choose from but i have been asked a few times if i can copy designs from pictures and things like that, and i feel a bit embarrassed when i say well no im not that artistic. Do you think it would be a good idea to attend a nail art class? If so is there any you would recommend. I use China Glaze and OPI polishes and Gelish soak off gel polish

Hello,

Yes, nail art is well worth it. Apart from anything else, it gets your work noticed and earns you a few more pennies!

I started with simple dots and you would be amazed at how many designs are not much more difficult than that. YouTube is a fantastic source of information for tutorials and Pinterest is great for ideas. I also use Konad (and Bundle Monster) stamping which can look really impressive - it takes a little practice but is worth it. There is a Konad lovers group on here and a long running thread.

The key really is to practice, practice, practice and if you wear gelish yourself, it is even easier to have a play around as you don't need to wait for the colour coats to dry and if you make a mistake, it just wipes off. I often just practice on my left hand as i am right handed.

I'm sorry but I don't know of many classes (as I'm quite new to the industry and have learnt most of my nail art when this was just a hobby!) but I am sure that others will be able to let you know of some. :D

Totally agree, even if clients dont want nail art it makes you look skilled and passionatte that grabs their attention and makes you stand out from the competition.

As Vikki said playing on top of gelish is great as it just wipes off, so you can gets lots of practise without it taking too much time and of course konad one of the easiest and most effective forms of art

nail art seems like a minefield at first but once you start having a play the ideas will just keep flowing and you will surprise yourself what you can do, some designs look complex but they actually aren't when broken down

i am just about to do my gelish training, having already done the opi gel polish course. Having done some research I am aware that my harmony educator runs a gelish design course as well. I have seen some of the designs covered and I can confidently tell you they are fab. Alot of the skill is around technique as opposed to artistic ability although some of that would be great too:D. so i would say go back to your educator and book for the design course...looks like it is well worth the money

I use Gelish and love producing nail art. I use it as my unique selling point as there isn't much mention of nail art where I am and my clients love it. I still get stuck sometimes for idea and just spend ages on the Internet looking. The Gelish design course looks fantastic. Just waiting for one in my area. I have heard lots of good feedback about it so probably worth booking

Well that's settled then :) Gelish design course it is. Thanks everyone x

the reason I started to train as a nail tech was because I did all my own nailart and people loved it and when they went to salons they took pictures of mine in but the salons told them they didnt do nailart, so I thought if I trained I could learn everything and get paid to do something I love! I offer everything freehand I don't use transfers or stamps and I test everything out on myself first. and when I pass my NVQ I'm going to get a portfolio together so my clients can flick through (although some of them see my designs on instagram) others don't.

the reason I started to train as a nail tech was because I did all my own nailart and people loved it and when they went to salons they took pictures of mine in but the salons told them they didnt do nailart, so I thought if I trained I could learn everything and get paid to do something I love!

Same reason as me! I use Konad as well though xx

Latest posts

Back