Does anyone do henna?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sortedcres

Reaction score
I've been asked for henna several times, and since iv'e been practicing it i wondered how much do you charge a typical hand design? Does it depend on how intricate the work is?

What do u charge?

I would be greatful for any ideas

Thanks
sortedcres

Hi Hun
I 'm sure i have heard/read bimbogeri talking about henna maybe she may know more
hth
Amanda

there has been quite a lot of bad press about real henna. it can leave a 'scabby dry' area when it fades...i spoke to su-do about this and in their ink range they do a 'henna colour'

The sooooooo called black henna is what your describing, it has a pigment added to it which as i'm sure you've seen in the press has had resulted in bad scaring. Henna itself is a naturally based PLANT and is totally safe to use it is also cheaper and the effects produced are much more stunning than an airbrush, which i must add i use myself, however choice is the key for me.

But thanks for your opinion, i too use a fantastic site called www.hennapage.com
which has loads of info about henna and it's history but does not tell u how to charge or apply it on nails.

HI there....I am a mehndi artist and I do lots of henna for weddings/special occassions....if you look at the current trends clients are steering away from a full hand of henna and are veering towards more Arabic and modern/different looks.

So I'm currently doing a lot more henna where I start on one finger and just take the design down - not covering the whole hand. There are many websites that you can have a look at such designs on.

I charge £3 - £5 per hand for such a design and if the client wants the design right up to their elbow (up the lower arm) then I can charge upto £10...depending on the coverage of the design - some designs can be quite simple...others small and dainty/or large.

If they want a full hand then you can charge from £10 - £15 (if the design is taken further up the arm you can charge more).

For body tattoos I charge from £3.

And if you are using henna there are no side-effects and skin problems related to this as it IS a natural product and should have no additives in it that are not natural. You can buy pure henna powder as well and make the paste yourself -there are several slightly varying recipes for this that you can find on the internet.

Anyways...I hope this helps...

T xx

I've got a box of henna but i'm a bit worried over the mixing issues (i mean photo's on an internet site make it look soo simple). I've also bought some ready mixed henna cones but the liquid seems runnier than i imagined it would be and they feel uncomfortable in my hands.

What sort of ratio do you use, when u mix henna as the premix cones create fine lines but it's runny even when u shake it.

Hi...well, it's hard to say how runny/thick it should be but the paste is meant to be quite thick - so if you stuck a spoon in it and turned it upside down it would fall slowly in a big blod rather than in a thin runny line - sorry, it's a bit of a bad way of explaining what the consistency should be like but it has gone 12am and I'm barely keeping myself awake here so you'll have to excuse me!

Basically, it's better to go thicker and make it runnier if you need to - put some paste in a cone and try it out - if it seems too thick add some more liquid (water ingrediants you have used) to the paste to make it runnier - trial and error I'm afraid.
HTH..good luck..

t xx

Latest posts

Back