Does anyone else use 150ml to tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzH

Reaction score
Hiya, I've tried all sorts of fiddling with my LDN Skins gun, & I'm now happy with the tan & consistency. However I'm finding I'm going through more solution.. At around 150ml per client. But that means going over twice & getting a lovely finish.
However it's not going to be that lucrative for me.. I don't really know how I'm going to change this if the spray I get is good?

I use 50/60ml and only do one coat. I don't see the point in doing 2? Waste of product.

However if I'm tanning myself I seem to use slightly more but never over 100ml.

Ok, so maybe as I'm "over tanning" as I'm still fairly new at it; I'm using more. When I'm confident enough to do the one coat then it'll be enough. Practise makes perfect I think. I'm just ensuring the client is happy. To the detriment of my coatings! X

I used to use between 70 & 100ml and found the tans didn't last very well at all. I kept getting feedback that they were fading 2 days after having it done & I think I was spraying so wet, that they tan was rubbing off on clothing before it had a chance to develop :( Not to mention the over spray was going everywhere!

Ive turned my gun right down and only use around 30-40mls now and they develop so much better! Its weird as you would have thought the more solution the better, but I found it's actually the other way round. I cant remember what gun I have but it came from Sienna X and I spent some time on the phone with them going through the settings and turning it down a bit at a time. Maybe rope some friends in for the night and play about with the settings on the gun & see how it works out? xx

Thanks Hun. My friend has been doing it years so I think I'll get her to have a tan off me & help! I have an LDN SKINS set & tent so spray doesn't go everywhere & its misting lovely on the skin. So the only issues are the over usage of solution xx

50 ml should be more than enough for a tan but that comes with experience. There is no point in "2 coats" unless you feel you have missed bits x

150ml is 3 times the amount you should to be aiming to use as a beginner.
You need to turn your gun setting down. If you are worried about missing bits and want to do 2 coats then you need your gun down really low so your using aprox 25ml per coat and therefore using 50ml for the whole tan.

Do the couch roll test to set your gun.
Spray 1 swipe of solution on to a sheet of couch roll from the same distance you spray your clients, if the solution wets the back of the couch roll you need to turn the gun down, repeat on clean couch roll until there is colour on the front of the couch roll but the back of the couch roll is dry.

3.18 to 4.30 of the video below Steve from Nouvatan does a couch roll tests & this is how you should set your gun, to use the least solution but still get a good tan and allow you to earn a profit.

When you get colour on the front but it is still dry on the back your gun is set correctly, with 1 coat slowly spraying a client (with the front of your gun about 6 inches away from them) you should use 50ml.
When you get more used to your routine and you speed up your movements you will start to use less solution and you should be aiming to use about 40ml when more confident.

I use LDN Skins solution but not their gun and use around 50ml on clients, again as said above its slightly more on myself

Agree with Baggy bear....40 - 50 mls is about right.
I set the gun with the smallest amount of 'pull' in the trigger.:)

Latest posts

Back