Does it matter about the lamp??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynailparadise

Reaction score
Hi everyone, haven't been here for a long while and recently encountered a few problems so I thought I would ask your opinions.

In the salon where I work they have recently taken on jessica geleration and have been having various problems with it and am not sure if it would be down to application or the lamp we are using.

The owners were trying to save money so they told us to use the UV gel lamp we already had which is a much stronger wattage then the manufacture recommends. I have noticed alot of shrinkage with the gel, also wrinkling this mainly happens with the highly pigmented colours and I have witnessed the gel to peel off right after finishing. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the lamp curing the gel too rapidly?

Hope someone can help me please?

Hi,

I have done a search on UV lamps and here is the result Salon Geek - Search Results - there have been loads and loads of discussions about UV lamps.

It is imperative that you use the correct lamp for your system. If you are using a generic brand and your supplier says it will work with any lamp then use any lamp, however if they say it must be used with this specific lamp them you are doing your clients a dis-service by not following manufacturers instructions. This will also make your insurance null and void if someone had a problem and made a claim against you.

Latest posts

Back