dogs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also a little tip, when you go out for a walk with your dog always go through the door first, that's in and out. It's a pack thing and once the dog knows who the leader is (you!) you get a much happier dog. They need to know where they stand especially if you have a large dog like mine.

The turning your back method is good, it really works if the dog is jumping up or trying to nip. Maybe also fold your arms (fed up pose!) at the same time and always say no firmly when you don't want him to do something, he will get the gist. If this doesn't work, put him out of the room and shut the door for a couple of mins.

When Axl was a pup he cried all night for a whole week, you really do have to leave him, no matter how much it makes you cry. Believe me it wasn't easy to do, I used to lay in bed crying when I used to hear my little pup crying, thinking we were the cruelest people in the world, but you have to start as you mean to go on and if you give in he will be the boss of you, result: unhappy you and unhappy dog.
The perserverence (sp!) really works.

Those kong things are really good, fill them with his favourite treats and perhaps that squirty cheese and it will keep him busy for ages.

They will still always have naughty moments, Axl does but don't we all!:lol:

Hope it works out for you, I am sure it will hun
xx

Thanks you are all helpful and it's nice to know i'm not the only one. last nite was hell! he bit me and was a live wire buzzing around the place, finally settling at 10.30 to be up at 12.30 to sleep at 12.45 and wake again at 2.30 again at 4am and finally awake for the 6am. Sleep, i have no idea what that is anymore. I'm NOT giving up! I will beat him and his games!

I used the controlled crying technique when my daughter was little - but she never went ignored (just increased the time before i went back in and never left it more than 5 mins at a time).

Dogs aren`t like children - so the above technique won`t work.

princessniknox said:
Dogs aren`t like children - so the above technique won`t work.

Dogs are very similar to children like when they get to a 'toddler' age like the terrible twos the tequnuiqe does work just as long as your persistant it worked with my dog and all the dogs my nans trained x

aw, thats so funny!!

Hiya heres a link www.dogpages.org.uk there is a forum on this site with a section on training if u join and post a message with your problem there is loads of people that can give you some proffesional advice on what u can do. HTH and you get it sorted soon! :) xx

I have a one-eyed Greek cat called Nelson. He wont go to bed at night unless I take him up to his bed, "tuck him in" with his blanket, give him his "Bagpuss Teddy", and a kiss on his head. He purrs loudly then drops off to sleep and is still there when I get up the next morning.

Ahh bless his little furry paws

Eva:zzz:

Latest posts

Back