Doing my own hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hello
I am thinking about putting in some hair extentions myself, at the moment I just put a couple of clip in extentions- just to thicken my hair up as although it is long it is quite thin.
I am thinking of having extentions in that I can just leave in and don't have to do every day. What are the best ones that you would recommend? I don't really want the glue ones I don't think as it will mean having to purchase the glue gun which is probaly expensive. So maybe the micro rings? Or anything you would recommend that is easy to do myself maybe just at the front sides , of you could give as much information as you can I would really appreciate it( such as how to apply, where to buy etc)

I had my hair done buy a hairdresser where she glued little bonds into my head (not the strips) she let me keep the hair that she brought for my hair I have quite a lot left over so could I use this somehow? Maybe with micro rings or something or doin have do buy certain hair?
Sorry I am abit clueless i did study hairdressing but not extentions.

Hi,

You can buy pre tipped extensions so u don't need a glue gun, but if u are planning to use the hair you have you will need it pre tipped anyways to fit the microbe ads on the ends and will need some tools for the fitting.

Doing your own extensions is hard for any fully qualified extensionist, I strongly suggest you see a professional as if they are fitted incorrectly they will cause your hair to Matt etc

I definitely wouldn't fit the extensions on yourself especially because you are not qualified in them. If applied incorrectly it can result in hair loss x

Unless you have eyes in the back of your head or are some kind of contortionist it's impossible to fit them yourself.

Even If you possessed the abilities above you would still require training. There is no easy or cheap way to fit strand extensions.

To get straight to the point...If you want extensions then go to a qualified and experienced extensionist ;-)

I strongly advise not to put them in yourself as you can damage you're own hair also any extensions you have in you have to look after for them to still look good throughout the period you have them in for plus if you don't look after them they will become matted and it's not good for your own hair

To fit any method if extensions properly takes knowledge and experience, if not it can cause all sorts of problems, some people have been fitting extensions for years but still don't have the correct technique/ knowledge, so to attempt this your self is really not a good plan

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back