Doing some market research and wonder where can I find this information out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Hi all

I wonder if any of you can help with some information or whether this has previously been mentioned. I am trying to do some market research and wondered where I could find out approximately how many nail technicians/beauty therapists there are in the UK? Would someone like Professional Beauty or Babtac have a number of registered members etc?

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Em

I think this would be a very difficult thing to find out with any certainty - you could ask ANT, Babtac etc. etc. and get how many they have as members but then you dont know how many people are not members and how many are members of both.

How accurate do you need to be - you could contact say the top 5 nail supply companies and ask how many registered customers they have and take it from there as an alternative. Not sure if they would tell you though LOL.

I think this would be a very difficult thing to find out with any certainty - you could ask ANT, Babtac etc. etc. and get how many they have as members but then you dont know how many people are not members and how many are members of both.

How accurate do you need to be - you could contact say the top 5 nail supply companies and ask how many registered customers they have and take it from there as an alternative. Not sure if they would tell you though LOL.

Hi there

Thanks for the reply. It doesnt have to be accurate just approximately really. I will try the people you mentioned but agree with you that some may be members and others not and will bear this mind.
Thanks again
Emma

You could also do a cross section in here - say take the first 10 pages of the longest running members and count how many are UK based - just another thought LOL.

Hi Emma,

The Guild runs an annual survey of the beauty industry as a whole and has printed the results in the latest copy of Guild Gazette. From the responses we received we have been able to put together some figures which reflect all the changes in the industry.

If you'd like to see a copy, click here.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back