Donating your body to medical science..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V I googled heiney so I know what is is thanks lol
No worries to me most people who know me have seen mine and probably quite a few who don't know me and don't always want to see it have too:eek: (sorry mate...you know who you are lol):)
I have made a decision about this and have to speak to my solicitor about other matters and a will so will hopefully sort this out all in one go so thanks for your input geeks.:hug:
We live in a recycling world now, thinking about future generations, and it makes me think that if I help just one person learn something at least it's worth it.

I think you will b helping prob hundreds of people by doing this,me well i'm not dying for at least 40 yrs,i'll think about it then :D

We live in a recycling world now, thinking about future generations, and it makes me think that if I help just one person learn something at least it's worth it.

There's this place in Texas, I think, called the Body Farm run by a university out there. People donate their bodies to be recycled back into the earth and filmed in various states of clothing and various outdoor conditions. The information is then used in by forensic investigators to help solve murders and missing persons cases, etc. After the body is fully decomposed, I think they bury the bones or cremate them. This is definitely different to the usual idea of donating a body to science; it's fascinating and extremely helpful in an entirely different way! I think donating your body to help future generations learn is a very brave and noble thing to do. I'm not sure if I could do it myself, to be honest.

H**L NO is any group of med students standing over my dead body gossiping about their teacher or the latest movie, chopping me into bits! No way!
I can't stomach the idea. It just seems so disrespectful to me.

Haha! It's more respectful (and appreciated) than stealing strangers from fresh plots the way they used to back in the day. Or than buying bodies that were stolen from the black market like they did very recently. :wink2:

A "heiney" is one's: rear-end, backside, bottom, butt, arse :lol:

Sorry about the religion thing. I just was trying to explain how I wanted to 'go'. I know of two occasions where the deceased wasn't respected (and not regarding religion) and I think it was sad that they weren't.

As for the disrespect part in my former post, I meant with regards to the chopping-up bit.
I know students need to learn, but for me.. no thanks.
For those that do donate, I have respect for them to be so generous.
I suppose logically, it's not as if we need our parts anymore. :lol:

Hi geeks , my nan died last week so im a bit sad at the mo,:cry::cry: we have her funeral on monday .It takes the mick how much these things cost dont you think.x:cry::cry::cry:

Hi geeks , my nan died last week so im a bit sad at the mo,:cry::cry: we have her funeral on monday .It takes the mick how much these things cost dont you think.x:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so very sorry to hear that hun:hug:
Yes unfortunately it is expensive. Things do get better with time and when Monday is over you will slowly get used to things being different.
This is one of the reasons I don't want to burden my children with all the expense of such things.
Many hugs and hope my thread isn't an upset and maybe gives you yourself something to think about in the future:hug:

Latest posts

Back