Double dipping & more about practices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ariadne

Reaction score
I read about the double dipping and I got some questions about how things are done here in US (that's why I didn't use the same thread).

I did all my courses in Brazil and I'm not working yet, so I don't know how are the procedures with wax and nails here in US (I moved here in july - to San Diego).

The double dipping rule exist because people use the same wax pot to more than 1 client? I'm used to have an amount of hot wax for each client, so then I wouldn't need to use new spatula every time I take some wax, and would only get a new one for different client. The same with roll on, each client has their own, so I put their names on the wax. Is it possible here to use plastic spatula and then clean it with alcohol 70% (rubbing alcohol)?

With nails I take the cuticles out (it's very common there) and then I was washing with anti-bacterial soap, cleaning with rubbing alcohol and then using a dry heat sterilizer for 2 hours (stays at 180oC - about 360oF). Here i didn't find that kind of sterilizer. How are the materials sterilized? Where could I buy some sterilizer? I saw some autoclave but they were so big and expensive. I would like something more simple.

Thanks,

Ariadne

I read about the double dipping and I got some questions about how things are done here in US (that's why I didn't use the same thread).

I did all my courses in Brazil and I'm not working yet, so I don't know how are the procedures with wax and nails here in US (I moved here in july - to San Diego).

The double dipping rule exist because people use the same wax pot to more than 1 client? I'm used to have an amount of hot wax for each client, so then I wouldn't need to use new spatula every time I take some wax, and would only get a new one for different client. The same with roll on, each client has their own, so I put their names on the wax. Is it possible here to use plastic spatula and then clean it with alcohol 70% (rubbing alcohol)?

With nails I take the cuticles out (it's very common there) and then I was washing with anti-bacterial soap, cleaning with rubbing alcohol and then using a dry heat sterilizer for 2 hours (stays at 180oC - about 360oF). Here i didn't find that kind of sterilizer. How are the materials sterilized? Where could I buy some sterilizer? I saw some autoclave but they were so big and expensive. I would like something more simple.

Thanks,

Ariadne

Here in the states they don't accept alcohol, but there are lots of bacterial solutions that are approved. The State Board will give you everything you need for sterilizing, but the rules on double dipping are still vague and misleading. Call California State Board for the handbook of rules and regulations on sanitization and steralization. Everything is there for you.

Thank you for the help!

Ariadne

Latest posts

Back