Dripping during spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezabelle29

Reaction score
So I'm doing beauty for years and am working somewhere now that does spray tans and I haven't done then in years when I was doing two tans today I noticed in one or two areas the tan did build up droplets and dripped and I'm terrified there will be complaints tomorrow On my first I tried to absorb some of the drip ever so slightly with a tissue but I saw it left a mark where it took off some tan (ever so slightly though) and a fave it another light spray just in case. I'm hoping someone can tell me that the tan should still be fine as in my mind I know your skin will only absorb so much and the excess will wash off anyway?! Any advice welcome! Thanks x

It sounds as if your gun setting is too high, so too much solution is coming out, either that or you're spraying too close? I always have a tanning mitt to hand to gently "dab" any areas that might dribble slightly. The spongy texture doesn't wipe the tan off if you're careful. As long as you were careful with the tissue I should think it should be ok though, and you said you lightly sprayed over as well.

Some people say it doesn't make the tan any darker if you double spray, but I honestly believe it does. If I don't double spray my legs, they're just not dark enough!. It does use more solution though X

Your gun is too high, dripping only happens when your gun is too high and the solution is coming out like a shower. Your dial should be from fully closed at the 9 o clock position. You do not need any more than that, if you do you will only get over spray and waste lots of tan solution.

Thanks so much for the replies. Didn't hear anything from the client so I'm going to take that as a good thing! The second tan I did hers came out fine just could have been a bit darker! Thanks so much for the tips, I'll check the gun tomorrow x

Your gun is too high, dripping only happens when your gun is too high and the solution is coming out like a shower. Your dial should be from fully closed at the 9 o clock position. You do not need any more than that, if you do you will only get over spray and waste lots of tan solution.
Don't forget, not all guns have a dial like this!

If you dont have a dial, it can also be from being too close, keep the gun right at the edge of your tent and ask them to stay as far away from you as you can. I always say if they have any drips it’s only bronzer it doesn’t matter, the tan solution won’t make it develop funny. I give it a buff and say it will be gone after showering because it always is - I get it on myself when my husband tans me as after all this time he does the moves but doesn’t actually look where he is spraying and at his lines...hahaa

Latest posts

Back