'Drooping' eyelash extensions - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaughany

Reaction score
Have done a set a week ago, all still in place but "drooping?".... Advice please?. Xx

Hey.

It might be that the lashes you used were too thick/heavy for the natural lashes which weighs them down. or they were too long!
In my training i was advised to make the natural lash 1/2 to 1/3 longer.
Sometimes i find that older ladies have slightly thinner lashes so they cant take the thicker 0.25's.
I'm currently using some lashes that are 0.07 thickness so they are super fine but you can put up to 4 on a natural lash. they look so natural and because they are lightweight they last longer. My older clients love them because they dont look so harsh and dont weigh the lashes down!

hth xx

That thought crossed my mind initially but I always use the same lashes on her and never a problem?!- need to remedy this but not sure what's best to do. Thanks for your help!. X

Oh how strange. is it all of them or just on the edges? what lenght/thickness are you using? x

Not sure yet as seeing client tomorrow!. 0.20 c curl, 10,12,14's - she's already got long lashes to begin with so wants full very bling look. Shakes your confidence as can't think what's changed. Need to see them really?. Thanks xx

Hi
Just a thought but if the new lashes you are attaching too are even a wee bit premature then they will droop. I know you said you had used the same length and thickness on this client before but it is not just about what you are attaching its also what you are attaching too if you know what I mean. I hope that makes sense?
Lee-Anne x

Hi
Just a thought but if the new lashes you are attaching too are even a wee bit premature then they will droop. I know you said you had used the same length and thickness on this client before but it is not just about what you are attaching its also what you are attaching too if you know what I mean. I hope that makes sense?
Lee-Anne x

Yes it makes perfect sense... Thanks. Would I be best to remove any droopies and apply a shorter length in your opinion?. X

Definately remove the droopers and re-apply with shorter "lighter" lashes, you can still create a gorgeous full on look with lighter lashes :D

Yes it makes perfect sense... Thanks. Would I be best to remove any droopies and apply a shorter length in your opinion?. X
Hello again
Yes remove the droopies as they will just annoy your client and may put them off having lashes in the future and re apply with lighter shorter lashes avoiding the new baby re growth. Also many clients who start off with 0.2 & 0.25 thickness often end up going with thinner lighter lashes as they soon realise that the thinner and lighter the lash the better behaved they are. I much prefer the look of a full set of fine lashes and I know they will behave themselves better than thicker ones. HTH
Lee-Anne x

Hello again
Yes remove the droopies as they will just annoy your client and may put them off having lashes in the future and re apply with lighter shorter lashes avoiding the new baby re growth. Also many clients who start off with 0.2 & 0.25 thickness often end up going with thinner lighter lashes as they soon realise that the thinner and lighter the lash the better behaved they are. I much prefer the look of a full set of fine lashes and I know they will behave themselves better than thicker ones. HTH
Lee-Anne x

Ok I'll follow the good advice!/ I'm guessing there will be gaps then if i can't apply any to very new lashes?. X am very pedantic and want to get it right!!!. X thanks so much for all the answers and helpful advice xxx

Hi
Shouldn't be gappy just avoid lashes that are very new (very fine and wispy) as these will be the droopies and apply some lighter ones to the ones that you think are ready for an extension. I would simply remove the 0.2's ans re apply with something finer/lighter weight.
Lee-Anne x

Hi
Shouldn't be gappy just avoid lashes that are very new (very fine and wispy) as these will be the droopies and apply some lighter ones to the ones that you think are ready for an extension. I would simply remove the 0.2's ans re apply with something finer/lighter weight.
Lee-Anne x

I'll take on board what you've said and put it into practice- thank you so much xxxx

I'll take on board what you've said and put it into practice- thank you so much xxxx

Removed droopies and put smaller lashes on- perfect!- thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back