Dropped scissors!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinnyjinbob

Reaction score
I bought a brand new pair of Jay 2 scissors around 2 months ago. In the last couple of weeks I've noticed they're significantly blunter. They seem to pull and rip the hair rather than cut smoothly when slicing. And the blades sometimes pull rather than cut even when I'm club cutting.

Not long after i'd got them a client took it upon herself to pick them up and have a look when I was blow drying her hair. She dropped them on the floor!! Obviously she apologised and it was an accident but i was gutted and had to pretend it was ok! I'm aware that dropping your scissors can make them 'imbalanced' (? what does that even mean?)
I'm wondering if this could have been the reason? Or could they really just need sharpening so soon after getting them? I expected around 6months use before having to get them sharpened.

Anyone with any ideas? Or any advice what I could do to try and fix the problem?
Thanks in advance! X

Do you have anyone in your local suppliers or someone who comes to sharpen Sciccors? I've had mine done a few times now and it's like a new Sciccors when done. I for it done last time about 2 yrs ago so that's how long you get put of it when done

Do you have anyone in your local suppliers or someone who comes to sharpen Sciccors? I've had mine done a few times now and it's like a new Sciccors when done. I for it done last time about 2 yrs ago so that's how long you get put of it when done
Yeah, I know where I can go to get them sharpened if need be. I'm just wondering why and what might be the cause for my problem. I was looking more for help with that side of things. Thanks though. x

I dropped my scissors not only once but twice and they were very unbalanced due to this , you can send them off to be rectified tho :) had mine back within 2days x

It maybe the scissors aren't a good batch. I do believe the more you pay the better the scissor quality & cutting. I've had mine almost 7yrs & they cost nearly £400. I bought a cheaper pair as a back up and they felt no where near as sharp.
If you aren't happy with yours I'd say ring the supplier you bought them from hopefully they will help. But as they have been dropped it maybe tricky.
Good luck :)

Sorry yes it's probably from the drop or are you in a salon that somebody could have used them on you? Always rember my first Sciccors my boss decided to start using when I was training and a few weeks later I went off to a course and my Sciccors wouldn't cut butter they were so bad and the tutor explained everyone cuts and holds a Sciccors different and to never let anyone use your Sciccors. I was only a kid at time and I remember my mum being furious with my boss who was such a cheapskate allowing that to happen cause she wouldn't go get her own

I would deffo say droppin . Im sendin mine off for the exact same reason x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back