Drug side effects info

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogacat

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts asking about whether someone's medication may affect their nails - well wonder no more, as there is an excellent and free resource that tells you just that (well, and a lot more).

It's called the British National Formulary and is the same resource that doctors and pharmacists use. They have a website here:

http://bnf.org/bnf/

You do have to register, but this is also free. Remember that you will have access to EXACTLY the same information that drs use - so apart from their experience, you will have the same knowledge! Pretty good eh?

Fab ~ thanks for that Yogacat ~ I was going to buy a book of medication for college but will give this a try first.
KxXx

Excellent - Thanks Yogacat :D

Wow i never thought i would need to use my BNF when starting out in nails but what an excellent idea! I trained as a nurse and believe me, the BNF is a total bible for medications, if you get any book on meds make it this one!

Thanks for your thank yous - i thought it would be a bit of a short cut for all those..."Will this medication affect nails?" questions:lol:

Vixen172 said:
Wow i never thought i would need to use my BNF when starting out in nails but what an excellent idea! I trained as a nurse and believe me, the BNF is a total bible for medications, if you get any book on meds make it this one!
i was given one by my mum when i did my medical training in the rn.
never without a bnf.

AARrrrghh... ok nursies.... whats a BNF?!>!>!>

Ok i didnt just ask that!!! i just read the name on the link... ignore... its the wine! :o :o

Thanks yogacat can see that will be an invaluable site to us all hun
cheers
x

bnf is british national formulary.
its a book with every drug contra indication, dosage , side affects if its prescription only or controlled drug.
it comes out every month and is like a bible when you work in sickbays and medical centres.
hth

Latest posts

Back