Dyebox.co.uk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllanJudge

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this website or even used it? They're selling the whole Pravana range.
I thought that stuff was dead hard to get hold of in the UK.

Has anyone ever heard of this website or even used it? They're selling the whole Pravana range.
I thought that stuff was dead hard to get hold of in the UK.

It isn't readily available in the UK.

Personally, I'd be very wary of buying hair colour products online. They could be fake products made overseas and packaged to look like the original.

If you choose to do so, test on a mannekin or yourself first and not a client.

AcidPerm I completely forgot about this. Sorry for the late response.
I thought it seemed a bit dodgy. Although I did buy a sample of 'Olaplex' off Ebay, and it has worked really well (mixed in with bleach).

Tried it on myself of of ofcourse.

Why would you even do that?
Wouldn't it have been cheaper for you to buy Olaplex from the distributor?

I googled the website for you and couldnt see any reviews.
Read the terms and conditions and it seems ligament, but maybe try them on friends or yourself first.

Ive had to buy a couple of (Joico colour intensity) colours that aren't available here yet, from Amazon, and they are brilliant x

Haircrazy sell Pravana - the bright ranges, I think its the locked in ones and vivids? They are legit.

Ooo i'll have a look at haircrazy thank you.

Rachul i've been looking at Joico recently, their Lumishine range looks gorgeous. Do you use Joico or just their Intensity range?

AcidPerm what is the eligibility criteria though? Do you have to be employed in a salon? Or can you be self employed? Or are your qualifications enough?

AcidPerm what is the eligibility criteria though? Do you have to be employed in a salon? Or can you be self employed? Or are your qualifications enough?

It shouldn't make any difference if you're operating freelance/mobile. As far as I know, you can purchase it from either of the two wholesalers, Aston & Fincher or Star Qualities in the UK. You will just need to register with them. When I used to buy products from Aston & Fincher in the UK, I think I had to show them copies of my insurance details rather than certificates.
Why not give them a call tomorrow?

I buy mine from Flair.ie in Ireland and I just had to show my certs to register with them. I can also order from them online.

I recommend you try the stylists travel pack initially.

Rachul i've been looking at Joico recently, their Lumishine range looks gorgeous. Do you use Joico or just their Intensity range?

I use the Kpak colours and the colour intensity. Not tried the Lumishine but being mobile now I've not been introduced to any new ranges as I dont have a rep.
I LOVE Joico! The colour book is brilliant too.

It shouldn't make any difference if you're operating freelance/mobile. As far as I know, you can purchase it from either of the two wholesalers, Aston & Fincher or Star Qualities in the UK. You will just need to register with them. When I used to buy products from Aston & Fincher in the UK, I think I had to show them copies of my insurance details rather than certificates.
Why not give them a call tomorrow?

I buy mine from Flair.ie in Ireland and I just had to show my certs to register with them. I can also order from them online.

I recommend you try the stylists travel pack initially.

I registered with that Flair last night and got a confirmation email today to say my registration has been approved.
Aston & Fincher are asking for a company name, which I couldn't provide because i'm not in a salon and not officially working for myself as a Hairdresser.

I use the Kpak colours and the colour intensity. Not tried the Lumishine but being mobile now I've not been introduced to any new ranges as I dont have a rep.
I LOVE Joico! The colour book is brilliant too.

Rachul do you think the K-Pak range and the Lumishine range are the equivalent of Wella Koleston Perfect and Illumina? (Opaque and translucent).

Have you ever used any other colour line to compare? I want to properly get into colour and need to choose a good colour line so I can get the right training.

Do you go on Joico courses? Have you got a rep? Or do you buy from wholesalers etc?

Ooo i'll have a look at haircrazy thank you.

I have just tried the demi liquid in Lumishine it's amazing I love it.x

I have just tried the demi liquid in Lumishine it's amazing I love it.x

I was debating about trying those. Can I pm you for more info??

I registered with that Flair last night and got a confirmation email today to say my registration has been approved.
Aston & Fincher are asking for a company name, which I couldn't provide because i'm not in a salon and not officially working for myself as a Hairdresser.

Just say you're freelance?!

Rachul do you think the K-Pak range and the Lumishine range are the equivalent of Wella Koleston Perfect and Illumina? (Opaque and translucent).

Have you ever used any other colour line to compare? I want to properly get into colour and need to choose a good colour line so I can get the right training.

Do you go on Joico courses? Have you got a rep? Or do you buy from wholesalers etc?

No I did the training course when I was in a salon. I think its important to do it.
The rep I used to have now works at Alan Howard (my wholesalers) so I can always ask him if I need to, just don't get updated with new things like I would do in a salon.

I've used L'Oreal and koleston and much prefer the Kpak. And theyre cheaper!?
Like I say not used Lumishine so cant comment on them.
But they have brilliant cover, shine and vibrancy. True to colour too.
You can turn all the colours into a semi by changing the releaser aswell, which is brilliant.
And the colour book is amazing, ill send a picture of the colour wheel inside it.
I love joico haha.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465334666.599637.jpg

It has all the different shades on so makes colour correction easier too :)

I just say my full name so say 'Allan Judge hairdressing'

Thats whats on my business account at the bank.
If you're freelance you are a company ;)

No I don't have Insurance because i'm not working as a hairdresser officially, until I build a little client base up.
I tried signin up to A&F before and it's asking me for all sorts of details that I can't supply at the moment.

That wholesalers in Ireland that AcidPerm mentioned has let me register though.

Rachul their colour theory is brilliant, it explains it all in black and white. That's why I like the look of Tigi colours too, theirs seems dead easy to understand.

Latest posts

Back