Ebay advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Male Storme

Reaction score
We recently refurbished the salon and did some up grading, so had some gear including 2 commercial sunbeds we no longer required.

I have advertised them on Ebay, with either bidding or a buy it now.

The bidding is fairly close to the reserve prices of the beds and they have only been on a day. On both listings as they are being sold individually, not as a pair.

Is it against Ebay rules to message the bidders and give them a clue as to what the reserve is, to maybe encourage them to make another bid?

Does anyone know?

Could not find anything on Ebays site, have emailed them the question, but could be waiting a while for a reply, so thought I would ask here.

Thanks

I think it is fine, i have actually asked sellers before when buying items and they've always been happy to tell me with no problems as far as i am aware. It surely can't be a breech of rules as ebay is all about buying and selling.
Good luck hope you get what you want for it all
xxx

Copied from eBay:

Important: eBay will never reveal your reserve price to potential bidders. However, it's not unusual for sellers to receive inquiries from bidders about the seller's reserve amount. This is allowed on eBay. Likewise, revealing your reserve to a bidder is allowed, but not required. If you don't want to reveal your reserve price, you can politely let the bidder know that they will need to bid on the item to try to meet your reserve.

Original link http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/reserve.html

xx

Copied from eBay:

Important: eBay will never reveal your reserve price to potential bidders. However, it's not unusual for sellers to receive inquiries from bidders about the seller's reserve amount. This is allowed on eBay. Likewise, revealing your reserve to a bidder is allowed, but not required. If you don't want to reveal your reserve price, you can politely let the bidder know that they will need to bid on the item to try to meet your reserve.

Original link Selling using a reserve price

xx

Thanks.

Could not see that when looking. But there are that many information pages lol.

And never had to check before, as never sold anything like this on there before.

Just checked the listing again, and they are creeping up anyway and they only went on yesterday, so touch wood should easily reach the reserve prices. And we can get our kitchen at the salon back lol

No worries my love, glad I could help and hope you get your sales! xx

Asked and answered successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back