Electric companies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson24

Reaction score
my salon electric bills are now almost £10,000 a year! I need to find a cheaper supplier than edf quickly as my contract is up, does anyone know of any cheaper companies

Over £800 a month for electric?? Jeez how big is your salon and what are you running?

I was with British gas, I am at home too, I've never had an issue with them.

Bare in mind though, what is cheaper today, maybe more expensive next week. I used a cost comparison site a few yrs back, went with the cheapest, 2 months later their prices shot up. I'm sure it's probably more regulated now. I don't bother looking for home anymore, swings and round abouts

I also use British Gas. I'm in a contract so it's a bit cheaper. We have a large salon with three treatment rooms and a very large reception and I pay around £120 pm averaged out over the year.

Vic x

There actual readings, are salon is only hair and has 8 sections and no beauty. We supply weekly readings and can't for the life of us understand why it's so high, they keep comming out to check but just say we are using that amount

Definitely doesn't seem right.

We are with EDF. Have 2 shops knocked together. We pay c650pcm incl 3 sunbeds 5 hair stations, 3 treatment rooms and nail/brow section.

I use a company called opus energy who are for business electricity accounts so meant to be more competitive. Yours does sound really high, are there flats above that might be using your supply? Do you turn your water off at night & lights etc?

I'm with a company called dual. Never known anywhere cheaper X

my salon electric bills are now almost £10,000 a year! I need to find a cheaper supplier than edf quickly as my contract is up, does anyone know of any cheaper companies

Are you sure no ones 'growing' something out back!!!!!!???:oops:
Those plant's need alot of heat........:p

Sounds like someones feeding off your meter also. Any nearby flats/houses/shops?

£800 a month for a 6 Station salon is. Hideous amount to pay.

I had 3 workstation, room for 3 more If I wanted them, 2 beauty rooms, one large, one small. My heating was aircon, unfortunately the 2 beauty rooms weren't on that heating system so the girls had plug in electric ones.
I was only paying £55 DD a month, in the summer I used less as didn't use air con so built up credit

You need to keep at them to sort it. Like banner penguin said, someone maybe linked up to your supply

Latest posts

Back