Elite99 for IBD or Gellux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tash_louise

Reaction score
Help im thinking of changing my brands as found out that they are not professional so been looking at ibd and gellux as they sell them at my local salon services can I have your opinions please
Only problem I had with elite99 was the top coat keeps getting dirt bits stuck to it I have 20 colours and don't know whether to just try a new top coat instead
Thanks

So are you changing brands or looking for a new top coat for Elite99?
Not to be the devil's advocate but Elite99 is as you said not professional and therefore not many people here use it so it's probably why you haven't received any advice about it.
Go for a pro product, don't undermine your job and skills by using an inferior quality. Elite99 may have gorgeous colours, but lacks in everything else. I'm sure a search here will show you the info about that.
I have seen ibd, works really well. I have only heard of gellux so no idea about that.

I chose ibd to set up with and so far I really like it. It lasts for ages on my own nails. Had some come back with chipping after a day or two but I honestly think that was them being careless as another client who normally chips quite badly with previous tech told me that she was so impressed they lasted longer! Would have lasted longer than 2 weeks if she hadn't had an appt booked in. Ibd needs to be applied quite thinly though and I find I tend to have to apply around : coats to get good coverage but I think all depends on colour and also how well you shake. I've got some nice darker colours that cover nicely with only 2 coats.

I use IBD and I love it. Have never had any issues with it and 9/10 it lasts 2weeks or more (depending on the client) I have about 60+ colours and my clients love them.
I recently received a free Gellux colour at PB London and so far I haven't heard there has been a problem but I've literally used it on one client.

So are you changing brands or looking for a new top coat for Elite99?
Not to be the devil's advocate but Elite99 is as you said not professional and therefore not many people here use it so it's probably why you haven't received any advice about it.
Go for a pro product, don't undermine your job and skills by using an inferior quality. Elite99 may have gorgeous colours, but lacks in everything else. I'm sure a search here will show you the info about that.
I have seen ibd, works really well. I have only heard of gellux so no idea about that.
I'm thinking of changing completely tbh to ibd

Latest posts

Back