Emendee table - anyone using one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules912

Reaction score
I'm thinking about committing to an Emendee table and just wondering if anyone is using one and what they think of it.

The before sales service from the manufacturer has been outstanding and the information they have given me on how it works and its benefits make it almost impossible not to have one!

Does anyone have one? How well does the extractor fan work?

Any feedback would be apprecited :)

Hiya,
Do, you do nails full-time or work part-time from home and do other beauty services?
Before you decide to get one, have a look at how a general fume and dust extractor works?

I looked into an Emandee myself too and a few other brands but to be honest I think they're very over priced for what they are. Yes the service is probably really good (you'd want it to be for the price!!) and they have good reviews but I wouldnt even consider getting one myself unless I was doing just nails full-time.

I've done a fair bit of research into nail tables and different extraction units available, but the main priority should be getting rid of the dust, that's the most harmful to your health. The Odour/fumes aren't great either but my priority is dust extraction and you dont need an Emandee for that.

Does the Emandee use activated carbon filters? If so, most extraction units just consist of a fan, activated carbon to absorb the odour/fumes and a collection section like a bag to contain the dust. They're not complicated units. Dont quote me but I think (??) Emandee has some kind of computer for reports but do you really need that?

This might not be an option for you but worth mentioning anyway....did you know you can make a very effective fume/dust extractor yourself for a fraction of the cost? If you know an electrician they could safely wire one up for you and the parts aren't expensive which would be such a cheaper option than the cost of a commercial one.
People who are into soldering make effective fume extractors all the time which simply uses an activated carbon filter which you can make yourself, (activated carbon is just charcoal which is the safest for absorption and very cheap), a small fan approx 1/4 size smaller than say your average home exhaust fan to remove the fumes, in their case created from soldering but the principal is exactly the same for nails, it would double as a filter for fumes and dust extraction if you had a collection bag. Google DIY Fume Extractors for more info just out of interest to at least compare and potentially save yourself some big $'s.

I'm saying that Emandee isn't an effective product and good quality but there are other options out there too for a lot cheaper. Also Emandee are very good at sales ;)

All the best with whatever you decide to do! :)

Ps...I was good at misspelling Emendee through my whole reply, just ignore that ;)

Hiya,
Do, you do nails full-time or work part-time from home and do other beauty services?
Before you decide to get one, have a look at how a general fume and dust extractor works?

I looked into an Emandee myself too and a few other brands but to be honest I think they're very over priced for what they are. Yes the service is probably really good (you'd want it to be for the price!!) and they have good reviews but I wouldnt even consider getting one myself unless I was doing just nails full-time.

I've done a fair bit of research into nail tables and different extraction units available, but the main priority should be getting rid of the dust, that's the most harmful to your health. The Odour/fumes aren't great either but my priority is dust extraction and you dont need an Emandee for that.

Does the Emandee use activated carbon filters? If so, most extraction units just consist of a fan, activated carbon to absorb the odour/fumes and a collection section like a bag to contain the dust. They're not complicated units. Dont quote me but I think (??) Emandee has some kind of computer for reports but do you really need that?

This might not be an option for you but worth mentioning anyway....did you know you can make a very effective fume/dust extractor yourself for a fraction of the cost? If you know an electrician they could safely wire one up for you and the parts aren't expensive which would be such a cheaper option than the cost of a commercial one.
People who are into soldering make effective fume extractors all the time which simply uses an activated carbon filter which you can make yourself, (activated carbon is just charcoal which is the safest for absorption and very cheap), a small fan approx 1/4 size smaller than say your average home exhaust fan to remove the fumes, in their case created from soldering but the principal is exactly the same for nails, it would double as a filter for fumes and dust extraction if you had a collection bag. Google DIY Fume Extractors for more info just out of interest to at least compare and potentially save yourself some big $'s.

I'm saying that Emandee isn't an effective product and good quality but there are other options out there too for a lot cheaper. Also Emandee are very good at sales ;)

Thanks Rhyanna, you have definitely given me something to think about. I am full time nails atm but studying Dip Beauty. They do seem very overpriced now - might reconsider and do some more research.

Thanks so much for your reply :)

Thanks Rhyanna, you have definitely given me something to think about. I am full time nails atm but studying Dip Beauty. They do seem very overpriced now - might reconsider and do some more research.

Hi Jules,
No worries at all, just wanted to provide as much info as an alternative because I looked into it myself a lot too.
If you have any other questions or I can help with some other links feel free to PM me. As I'm in Oz too there might be some local info I can help with.
I hate seeing people spending more than they need to if there are other options, just thinking outside the square thats all ;)

xo

Hiya,

Just want to say thanks for this - gonna show hubby the google results and see if he or one of his guys at work can help me make one - got a feeling you've just saved me a couple hundred quid! Thanks lovely xx

YAY!! You're so welcome :)

Yeah the ones the guys make for soldering aren't overly pretty as such as you'll see but you could surely make a good custom box to house it out of MDF then paint it etc. And it could easily be built into a table or left as portable unit to work just beside you.

All the best with it, I'd be interested to hear how you go with it all :) x

Hi Jules912 I am just curious if you have found a manicure table I too was looking into buying a Emendee table but the price was more than I want to spend Rhyanne gave some great idea which I am looking into but I am still looking for a good table under $1000 I only do nails 3 days per week anyone who knows a good safe health wise manicure table please share with me
Thanks

Hi Jules912 I am just curious if you have found a manicure table I too was looking into buying a Emendee table but the price was more than I want to spend Rhyanne gave some great idea which I am looking into but I am still looking for a good table under $1000 I only do nails 3 days per week anyone who knows a good safe health wise manicure table please share with me
Thanks

The quoted poster has been absent from this site since early last year, so you may prefer to create a new thread?

I used to own two salon and before I signed up i have speak to Trish the owner of Emendee and ask them what is best to buy outright or contract? They recommended a rent contract which is approximately $150 per table/ per month. ( Not including waver fees , drawers ect.. cause apparently i have to buy the draws 🤔) and i rent 16 tables, 8 tables for each salon.
After few months fan slowly break down, within 12 months i have atleast 10 breakdown but they sent new one to replace then we have to sent the broken one back.
But i ask them when i signed up i told them after 2 years contract i want to own it. And after 12 months they sold me $800 each tables and the fan still keep breaking down and they said it not cover under warranty anymore. So if it break down have to buy new fan with a discount cost of $1300 each (normal price $1500) wondering why they "recommended renting" cause they knows the fan is keep breaking down. And they wont do over 1 year guarantee either. A fridge i paid $1300 and it still works after 5 years. Pay $3000 for a table and $1500 for a fan that not even last couple months- its a JOKE!
The fan is inside a plastic box and it is a cheap plastic exhaust fan which you can buy them at bunnings for $50-$60 (i saw them fan)
They then blamed on the dust- which the fan designed to work with dust - i found it so ridiculous.
I used to have 6 Fumelock - they has the best fan motor- the fan never break down it last me 7 years the only annoying thing is the filter inside has rock and is hard to replace and they are heavy.
Emendee filter is just two filter bags on each side, nothing extraordinary like they advertise.
I must admit they have great design but the fan is rubbish and i meant it- its rubbish for the price you pay.
Never again i bother with them Emendee tables they messed me around big time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back