Employment contract- uniform and training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
I'm just in the process of putting together a contract of employment. Can I put something in about training, like "if they leave within XYZ months, any cost of training will be deducted from any monies owing" not sure if this is legal? Also if I buy the uniform and they leave within a given time scale can I claim this back too, or at least ask for it to be returned?

You can put a clause in about training but I think it needs to be reasonable you couldn't for example tie them in for 5 years for a £100 course. you state they have to work x period of time or they will be responsible for repaying cost of training, For standard training you can have a tired approach also where if they leave within 3 months it's 100% of the cost, 6 it's 50% etc depending on the cost of the training. if it's training with a higher cost e.g £1000 + then I would increase the tie in period to 2 years and get them to sign and agree to this before enrolling them on the course hth xx

^^^^^^ that's exactly how mine is put :) uniform also needs to be returned etc in the contract hth

Unless you get a solicitor to draw up your contract, just drafting in any old phraseology won't necessarily make it enforceable.

Like many things you probably won't appreciate the extra cost until you need to rely on it. For what it's worth, your suggested sentence has so many loop holes I could rinse my lettuce in it. :)

I like the lettuce metaphor - I will pinching that and using it myself x

Unless you get a solicitor to draw up your contract, just drafting in any old phraseology won't necessarily make it enforceable.

Like many things you probably won't appreciate the extra cost until you need to rely on it. For what it's worth, your suggested sentence has so many loop holes I could rinse my lettuce in it. :)

AcidPerm that made me chuckle, I totally agree with what your saying however this contract is just a draft as my employee is my daughter 👸 I just wanted to put something together. If however it wasn't my daughter I would certainly consult a solicitor.

Rinse your lettuce lmao :D

On a serious note, unless your contract has been drawn up by an official, I'm afraid you won't have a leg to stand on should you need to.

I could draw up a 50 page contract full of do's and don't's but if my hairdresser wanted to then work next door ignoring a milage radius my 50 page contract is toilet paper in the eyes of the courts

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I also employ my daughter but haven't done a formal contract. As time has gone on she has become more like a partner without the responsibility. She asked me for a contact. A client sent me one but also told me that if you have worked in a certain way, that becomes your expected contract with each other, so I can't employ her for 38 hours a week for 3 months then just drop her down to 10 hours a week.

If she goes elsewhere, I'd kill her anyway - mind you I wouldn't miss her playing the Kim Kardashian game lol

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back