en vogue French White

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tips_n_toes

Reaction score
I have just been trying out the En Vogue gel system as a trial and I am finding that the French white modeling resin runs if my clients hands are just a little warm. Is makes for some murky smiles. If I do one nail at a time it isn't so bad, but if I try to do two or three it runs. I also find that it makes for a weak center and thick side walls. any advice out there?

I am looking for primer-less gel systems...any suggestions. I live in Canada so I may not have access to all of them.

thanks in advance for all of your advice.

P.S.> i tired the bio-sculpture line and was not thrilled with it

Hi..
Just curious what were you not thrilled with in the Bio-Sculpture line?

Hello fellow Canadian. I know what you mean regarding Bio Sculpture (and en Vouge which I'm definately not a fan of that product line.) I do really like Bio Sculpture for certain uses, but I will say the downsides are the gel is very delicate and goes rubbery on most clients. I also find the product a bit runny to work with. However, it's very gentle and I think it's a great fit for people that want either weekend nails, NNOs or just to use their pretty colours. I also like it for toes because the gel is flexible which I feel is a must have for toes to prevent nail damage.

For a traditional gel though, I'd highly recommend CND Brisa, best buff traditional system I've ever used, I'm just loving it. You will find endless threads here and real pros that are fans of this product for so many reasons. Here in Canada, you can get Brisa at Cosmoprof

It's easy to work with, glossy, hard, and I'm not allergic to it (and I'm allergic to so many systems.) The packaging is very nice and overall I think it's the most professional line available.

Here is your local store finder for Cosmoprof https://www.cosmoprofbeauty.com/canada/storeregions.aspx

Hey Gigit I have used some of the gels from the Brisa line but I have not tried the clear gel as I have heard a few people say that it is 'cloudy' and not a crystal clear. Do you use the clear Brisa and what is your opinion about its clarity? I found the natural opaque pink to be too pale so I added some pink pigment powder to it and livened it up a smidgen.

I have used the En Vogue gel and I found that the white gel tended to almost 'puff' up. A gf used to use the En Vogue but she was very allergic to it.

There is a brand new CANADIAN gel called ONYX. We are just sampling it on a few clients to see how it behaves.

Last edited:
I just did a set of Brisa today - crystal clear. :) It's one of the things that I love about it, nice and shiny as well, I'm loving their top coat. IBD, now I always had issues with that one going cloudy (plus I'm so allergic to it now.)

My only complaint with Brisa is it's prone to lifting if your prep isn't 100% perfect or there is any dust remaining (and I find soak-offs don't really lift.)

What about Bio Sculpture didn't you like? If it was because it goes rubbery, you can try Calgel, they are similar but Calgel doesn't go rubbery. It does go yellow over time, but there are ways to remedy that.

There is another product line by Akzentz, I hear great things about it and it's Canadian, but I have to be honest with you. I've never tried it for one very good reason. I had a horrible time with the a rep not answering emails for well over a month, skipped out on my demo appointment, and other poor customer servie snafoos... it was very frustrating. I took it to Anne his boss, but by that point I just went with Brisa because I couldn't take waiting another month to attempt to try the product. Anna, the Toronto contact, asked me to phone her directly (my issue was with one of her underlings,) but I'm using Brisa now and I don't want to go to the expense (and aggravation) of yet another product to learn etc. With that said, I'd heard great things about the line, so they are worht a try as well.

Latest posts

Back