English functional skills NVQ3?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyggiss

Reaction score
hi there!
I got accepted to my level 3 and it states "all include english fuctional skills" on the sheet where I can pick my start date of the course. Does anyone know what this means?? I do not want to study english or do some group tasks in communication etc I have done that already when I was 16. Anyone know what this stands for?
Many thanks!

Hi hun,

I might be wrong but i think they may be the same as Key Skills, in which case you just build up a portfolio of evidence from your beauty assignments to cover the requirements, you wont even notice your doing it xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Yes functional skills is similar to Keyskills, but more difficult by all accounts. I think most NVQs contain functional skills in it. The best factor being that the tasks are all related to the NVQ topic, so it will be asking for evidence of literacy relating to the beauty industry (rather than abstract poems etc)

Hi hun,

I might be wrong but i think they may be the same as Key Skills, in which case you just build up a portfolio of evidence from your beauty assignments to cover the requirements, you wont even notice your doing it xxx

Thanks hun! I found out what it means by calling them up! it means support in english for those who have some difficulties with the language... x

anyway I am so happy I am starting my level 3 in the college I wanted!!! X

Woo congrats!! Enjoy xxx

Awww good luck with your level 3, enjoy ;) xxx

anyway I am so happy I am starting my level 3 in the college I wanted!!! X

Yay, congrats :)
Which area are you in?

I too am going back to college this year for my NVQ3 :)

Yay, congrats :)
Which area are you in?

I too am going back to college this year for my NVQ3 :)

Im in London! Congrats u too, fun isn't it? well I think so, I cant wait to be "fully" qualified!

Im in London! Congrats u too, fun isn't it? well I think so, I cant wait to be "fully" qualified!

It is for sure fun looking forward to the new course :)

Did you do your level2 first?
I've just finished a year at college and already can't wait to go back again lol.

It is for sure fun looking forward to the new course :)

Did you do your level2 first?
I've just finished a year at college and already can't wait to go back again lol.

yes finished my level 2 end of May :) feels like its been a long break in between!

Latest posts

Back