Enhancements breaking after 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjo

Reaction score
i did a clients nails on friday, l&p enhancements.
I have just seen a message on my fb page saying one nail has broken and the others are lifting from the bottom.

im still not 100% confident in my enhancements although iv been trained for 2 years iv probably only done 30 ish sets on clients.

I don't really know what to say to her as i can't be confident enough in my work to say its something she has done.

She did however say to me once when she had her nails done before they all lifted in a few days.

what should i be doing?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

this has come just as i was getting more confident

Could you give some more info on your products and what steps you actually make :)

steps
Prep
apply cuticle away to nails
remove cutical from nail bed with cutical knife
remove cutical away with soapy water
remove shine from nails
apply tips
blend and shape tips
scrub nail plate with scrubfresh
apply l&p to zone 1, 2 and 3
finish file and shape nails
apply polish
:)

Is this with CND L&P too? If so, it sounds like you're making the correct steps, perhaps you're going too close to the side walls? Working too wet/dry? Not using the correct pressure?

Have you any pics of your work?

i think i just need to practice more i get really annoyed with myself when its not perfect

There are a number of things that can go wrong here. First of all, you didn't tell us what product you were using. With that information along with all the nail pros on this site, we could determine if there was a step missed that is specific to the product.

There is an implement I would suggest you add to your arsenal of tools. It's a curette. It gets the "hidden" cuticle. Check out this video below. When I first started out I had lifting problems until an older nail tech told me about this great little gadget. I had no idea I was leaving cuticle on the nail plate.

Removing Cuticle....the real cuticle - YouTube

If you've only done 30 sets, you're still a newbie. I'd subscribe to Fingernailfixer's Youtube channel. She has a video on L & P ratio is that sooooo helpful!

cnd retention x

thank you
i do use a curret
Iv studied videos and have gigi's which are all helpful
I just feel its never going click

i cant upload any photos from my phone

With the breaking nails it may be that you're not putting enough product in the stress area. With the lifting it could be that you're not removing all the cuticle or you're maybe flooding the cuticle with product?

You should ask the client to send you some pics of her nails so you can get a better look at what the problem could be. Keep at it you'll get there :) x x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I've not been doing nails very long (CND trained) enhancements was the main area for me as I'm the only CND tech in a 20mile radius.

It is very frustrating and can knock your confidence. I used a hand trainer ok it's not the real thing but it helped me so much. And keep refreshing yourself with the CND DVDs which by the sounds of it your doing. I started my enhancement stage in dec and now I'm just about getting their, I've got all my regulars staying put (nails) and lasting to a good standard until the next appt. but then last week I had a new client message me to say they've lifted and a few had popped off.

Long and short, you will get their and take it on the chin when you hear the bad news. Just keep practicing and don't get too close.

Cuticle away! If it's not completely removed/deactivated it can cause lifting.

Sorry I do blab on. But I guess you get what I was trying to say.

Keep at it, once you've got it you will still get the odd problem. My educator said to expect lifting for the first year and that's based on doing them regularly. X

you don't blab on :) i need all the help i can get x

Lifting around the edge could be your putting too much product there?(too thick) you need to keep the spine the main area for product and very thin towards the edges,I'm sure your nails are great,it also depends on what your clients doing, does she wear gloves for washing up?does she wash her hands more often than normal?(may work with food) x xkeep at it

i think i am applying it too thickly in zone 3, less is more as they say. x

i will try up loading some photos tomorrow once i can get to my laptop

Latest posts

Back