essential nails - help new user!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the foundation, I've not been qualified/trained for a year and I really wanted to use the product and I'm glad I did the foundation as there is soooo much info in there that is invaluable and you get FOUR whole days with a VERY experienced nail technician!!! I went with a list of questions as long as your arm!! :D AND had them all answered! Bliss! Jx

Won't it be hard to learn how to do l+P in four days? :shock:

Cat!! that made me giggle! Babe you learn all about 'how to' and all the health and safety stuff in the first 3 days,THEN you go and practice practice practice on your nail trainer for 2/3 weeks then go back for the 4th day, I think the thing alot of people make the mistake on is that after taking a course you will 'instantly' become a fantastic technician,it takes time and alot of hard work and practice for most of us, sure there are some lucky people who have a 'flare' for it straight away but like everything it all comes with experience, I am still way way of being totally happy with my work, that is what drives me, my dad says if you get to the point where you are 100% happy with your work then you stop learning and the passion goes (he is very philosophical my dad! :D ). Also the training doesn't 'stop' after 4 days, there will be alot of questions which thankfully the Creative academy will help you with. Jx

:D
Oh dear, I make myself laugh too!!!
The creative website doesn't give alot of details away about training, but i've just requested more info. :D
After completing the 4 days training, what then? Can i work from home or would you suggest other courses?

Well I would see how you feel after the course and you have practiced a bit and see if you think your work is of a good enough standard to charge for, I did have a salon but now work from home and mobile, it can get very tiring lugging cases around so see how you feel health wise babe, remember to take care of yourself! I'd go one step at a time, take the course, see how you feel then make some decisions about how you would like to progress with your career. Theres no rush, I know there are alot of nail places opening up but like Geeg says take your time, get it right, then go forward, I started doing clients way way too soon and made alot of mistakes and it can get very disheartening so make sure you are confident first. Jx

Thanks Jo.
I will wait for the postman to bring the Creative info before deciding anything. I will probably decide against the EN home study. I can't afford that and the Creative course.
I'll keep in touch as soon as I hear anything.

:king:

sorry to hear about your illness.
yes a en course does make sense i can not do creative training yet as my husband works away for a premiership football club and i have no family.
it was right for me and sinse passing the courses reading reading reading and getting video and stuff i am quite confident now as i am learning my industry i now work from home doing nails and i had a few teething problems at first but thats the same for everyone.
i use nsi products not saying creative is the best it probably is but it is unaccessable to me at the moment i work with nsi and i like the product if you go to www.nsinails.co.uk they will send you out a catalogeu you can either order on line or over the phone.
you can get a great kit with everything in it for about 65 pounds.
go for the course you can allways do creative when you are better
i believe you can never do to many courses can you as you can only improve
joanne

cat1 said:
:bouncy: Morning Jo Jo,
Unfortunately I cant get to proper training school because i've just been diagnosed with a type of tumor on my brain. This is curable but it means I suffer alot, like everyday, with migraines. I'd rather not sign up for one of these courses and then can't attend. This is the reason for choosing a homestudy course. Not only will I learn the basics of doing acrylics, but also it will help me take my mind off my illness.
I was thinking that after doing this EN course and then getting better, I could then do a course with the local Creative Ambassodor.
Does that make sense?

Hi Cat,

Be really careful with homestudy courses, make sure you check out the qualification given at the end. My tutor told me that there are certain home courses that use the nail trainer that do not allow you to get insurance and practise as a professional nail tech once you've finished the course (how frustrating would that be not to mention a waste of money). You've probably already checked this out but just thought i'd mention it in case :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back