Ex ballet dancer's poor toenails - how best to treat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
I have a lovely new client who has very pinched, misshapen and extremely thick big toenails. I'd really love to help get them sorted for her, there are no other problems as far as I can tell although she says they do tend to go black and fall off with the slightest knock, she has sought medical advice several times and been told she can either have them removed or put up with it.

I currently only offer soak off services (no hard gel or l&p). What would be the best way to treat this long term?

I have a lovely new client who has very pinched, misshapen and extremely thick big toenails. I'd really love to help get them sorted for her, there are no other problems as far as I can tell although she says they do tend to go black and fall off with the slightest knock, she has sought medical advice several times and been told she can either have them removed or put up with it.

I currently only offer soak off services (no hard gel or l&p). What would be the best way to treat this long term?

With the reoccurring constant bruising, I don't think there is anything you can do about that. I think her body has conditioned itself into thinking that the toe nails will bruise and fall off. As her feet must've have been through some serious trauma in those shoes.

Does she have a big toe nail at all? If there is no open wound, you could just sculpt a nail for her using Brisa Lite Sculpting gel. This would obviously only last a short while (possibly a couple of weeks) as the nail underneath will grow pushing off the sculpt and causing it to get caught on things (tights/socks etc).

Has she been to a chiropodist? Might be worth a visit for some advice. if they are complete and not infected or painful then you can carry on and make them beautiful for her :)

Latest posts

Back