Experience & Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fiona ... did you do your NVQ - or was it just one day conversion courses?

Did you do manicure on a seperate course - how about pedicure - do you do that or not?

Love
Sue
xxx

http://uk.msnusers.com/NailMates

Hi Sue,

I did my first paying client a couple of days after my 4 day Foundation training. She was working in Tescos and asked where I had my nails done - I told her I was a nail technician and did my own nails :D - she asked if I was really busy - I gave her a business card and asked her to call me and I would check my diary.

That was in Feb 2001. During that same year I did a couple of one to one days with other trainers. I try and do some training each year.

Sue

Reaction score
Hi all :D

How much training, experience - call it what you will - did you all have before actually setting to work on 'live' clients!?

Did any of you start out with as little as the four day courses, on offer from so many companies, under your belt - if so, how long before you actually went on to other courses ... or did you!?

Someone said to me the other day on a site - that educators can only show you how to apply products but in the end its down to your practice and skills that make you a good tech.

How do you all feel about this - must say it did ring true to me.

Love
Sue
xxx

http://uk.msnusers.com/NailMates

Hi Sue,

No I haven't done my NVQ. The two courses I did were conversion courses to give me options of other product lines - I like to try and do training on the products I use.

I did a manicure and pedicure course at college for 4 months, then Jessica training. I wanted only to do manicures as a business but unfortunately it is still seen as a luxury and a treat rather than something you do regularly :rolleyes:

I dont do pedicures as I dont like feet - but that was another topic lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back