Experienced but no NVQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystique

Reaction score
Im in a dilemma.I have a hairdressing and beauty therapy qualifications from abroad.More then that Ive been in the field for almost 15 years.Not that it matters but I also hold a masters degree from LSE. I want to utilise my skill and degree but really dont know what to do coz every job in our field requires me to be an NVQ level 3 and doesnt require a degree.Ive tried getting my qualifications equated but wasnt possible. At this point I dont want to join a college and spend 3 years working towards an nvq. How can I prove my worth? I tried contacting the city and guilds and they cant help.I could start my own business but then I cant get insurance without qualifications. Is there anyway I can sit for the exams and have my practical work supervised?
Thanks for your help.

Hmmm,
I can think of a couple of options but I don't know if they'll be any good. Firstly I would get in touch with your local college and speak to the beauty department to see if you can do the course/ written stuff at home and just come in for your practical assesments?
Or you could go to somewhere like the carlton institute and do some day courses just to get the certificates.
Hope it helps?

Nimue

I agree with Nimue. Either do fast track diplomas from a private college or do a fast track NVQ. You could rattle it off in no time.

Latest posts

Back