Getting into teaching beauty therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catann

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for some career advice and guidance.
I am currently working in my own salon as a self employed beauty therapist. I have set up the small business and ran it successfully for the past 4 years.
Prior to that I worked at Auchrannie Spa resort in Arran and a busy salon locally. I am trained to SVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy.
Last year I attended Glasgow Clyde College and obtained a level 3 city and guilds award in education and training.
I volunteer every week at a community outreach programme at Auchenharvie academy demonstrating and teaching students make up techniques. I am looking to get into the teaching and training side of beauty therapy in the near future. As I feel I need a new challenge and I enjoy my time showing treatments and I am keen to try something new. However I live in Scotland and all lecturing teaching posts in colleges now require HND beauty therapy even for bank lecturing. I am going on an interview to get on an HNC beauty therapy course but I feel HNC and the SVQ Level 3 are covering the same ground unfortunately though even with Work experience in industry I can’t get my foot in the door with the qualifications I have to teach to the level I have
If anyone could give me some advice on what is available and if I can be of help I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Kind regards
Catherine McCann

Move to England? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It looks like you are going to have to do that course.

Or, you could open up your own academy ??

Whatever you decide good luck! X

Latest posts

Back