Extension advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxo

Reaction score
Hiya,
If you were putting extensions in hair like picture below would you just use blonde extensions or use ombre extensions?
If you were to use ombre and colour yourself would it be better to get blonde extensions and colour dark?

Thanks x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401714227.599423.jpg

Id match the blonde, ombre extensions change around the shoulders which would be too far down for this head. Beautiful hair i bet its going to look fab x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry that's not my client that just a picture how she wants her hair.
At the moment her hair is all blonde but she is naturally a base 6 so it's a lot of maintainance so will be colouring her hair like that.

If I just use blonde extensions will it look okay if she puts her hair up?
Or would it be better for me to colour to top of the blonde extensions?

Sorry for all the questions not done this before and abit nervous x

You could either get hombre extensions and match the hair to them so doing the ombre like the extensions so the length of the dark matches. Or you can dye the blonde ones with the same colour as the hair and then it will also match, I often dye extensions but advise that they may not last as long as it does dry them out but to be fair my clients have never gone horrible and nothing a treatment doesn't sort out :)

I might colour them myself as dont really like the look for the already ombred extensions, I think they look more dip dyed.
And the client is my sister so il give it a go and see how how the hair lasts x

I usually do mainly blonde extensions and add a few darker strands up top to make it blend xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401833864.266521.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401833884.413470.jpg

i got 2 different ombre extension colors on my color ring from Angel Remy

2/27 and 8/16

but i have no idea how to order them lol maybe you have to write and ask?

Say a darker shade of blonde? What was this lady's before shot like

She already had ombré hair, I added 1/2 head extensions for a tiny bit of length and thickness. There's normally a few different shades of blondes used with the ombré, but as long as there are a couple of dark up top they blend great :)

Here's another very subtle ombré I did ..this has a before shot. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401914971.513216.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401915009.216079.jpg

If the client has an ombre already, no need to add anything thatn what matches the ends, it wont be seen up or any other way. The only time I would add custom ombre is if the client had curly or very fine hair.

Attachments

• IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 88
  • CYMERA_20140315_192538.jpg
    CYMERA_20140315_192538.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Back