Extension conundrum!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskimonailtech

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I have quite the hair issue. My hair is EXTREMELY curly. It curls tightly right down to the root. I also have extremely thick hair and just a lot of it in general. I only ever wear it straight or with big curls that I do using my flat iron.

I would love to get extensions however I don't know how I would keep it looking good. How would I flat iron my own hair with the straight hair throughout? My hair mats very easily too. And I swear I lose so much of it, you could make an entire wig out of it every day.

I also usually get foils throughout. So theres many different tones from a 3 to a 7.

and yes I have used clip-ins but I want something more permanent. Am I a lost cause? :(

my hair is curly and with the humidity it ends up liek a birds nest , i just have tried a brazilain blow dry on myself (i am a hairdresser tho .., lol ) and omg i am so impressed i get up and no birds nest , i can deffo recommend it as a treatment if you are like me and hate having to faf with strightners ever day xx

am sorry i know i hi jacked your thread about extensions but i just thought i would let you know theres other stuff available if you hate having curly hair , lol xx

Hi,
I too have the same, very curly hair, I dont like to wear it straight, i wear it as it is on my avatar pic, big curls, that i do with my straightners, I have a full head of straight bonded hair extensions,and every day i straighten my hair,and curl the extensions,some people think im mad,lol! but i love the look,also i find the extensions do drag my natural curl down alot,which is good for me too,on the flip side, you could get some hair that matches your natural curl,and wear it curly,and maybe flat-iron curl just the top sections? i do this when im on holiday. Im not sure what you would do about having a full head of foils if you had a full head of extensions though.as i keep mine in for 3-4 months,you could maybe try micro-rings, theyre fab! but that would mean alot of extra expense,having them taken out every time you wanted your colour doing?
i think i may of confused you , more than helped.lol!.....
Kate x

nope not confusing at all. i learned hair in cosmetology in high school. i just dont do it now.

it sounds like my best bet is to do clip ins... dang.

Latest posts

Back