Extension removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Mansfield

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm putting together an article offering readers some tips for safe and effective removal of artificial nails. I wondered if anyone had any useful hints or tips, or unusual methods you'd be willing to divulge??

Kelly
Ed - Nails mag (UK)

Kelly Mansfield said:
Hi all,

I'm putting together an article offering readers some tips for safe and effective removal of artificial nails. I wondered if anyone had any useful hints or tips, or unusual methods you'd be willing to divulge??

Kelly
Ed - Nails mag (UK)

Hi Kelly,
Fiona has a great tip removal warmer that she retails, I'm going to be getting one of these, check out her website www.naturalnailsbyfiona.co.uk
She also mentions putting glass beads in the bottom of each hand soak dish to give customers something to help occupy their minds whilst in soak! which I think is a great idea.
Hope this helps

Jenny-Nails :D

I have a great way to emove nails. I bought a Quick Soak Bowl. You put hot water into the jug. There are twoholes indented into one side about the size of a small bowl. I pour my acetone into those two holes. I pour a small amount of grapeseed oil into the acetone to keep from drying the fingers out so bad. Take about 20 minutes and it keeps my clients fingers warm. I usually soak 8-12 sets per day. I do mostly full sets. Work great for me. Mr.J
Kelly Mansfield said:
Hi all,

Kelly
Ed - Nails mag (UK)

Thanks for all the info on the Quick Soak bowl - I've collected loads of info on it now and it's perfect for this feature.
Anyone have any other techniques?
Kelly

Cotton wool soaked in tip remover, after filing artificial nails slightly across surface and reducing the length place some oil round cutile and nail waill then place onto nail and then wrap in foil and leave for 20 minutes...and slikethis is also excelleent if an individual nail needs removal for any reason....Hope this helps :)

I have an electronic sooper duper heating machine devised for removing enhancements from NSI, its quick, comfortable but more expensive than the quick soak bowl. I use it for removing a whole set but the foild around individual fingers when only selected enhancements need to come off

Hi Kelly

I use two plastic bowls one slightly larger than the other..........the larger one I have wram water in and I sit the other bowl on top with the remover in place the hands in the bowl and put a towel over the top to keep the heat in.

If I just need to soak off one nail I use tin foil with a cotton pad satuated in remover and wrap around the nail..........that way I can work on the other nails at the same time.

Take care
Dawnie xxx

When removing 1 or 2 nails I soak a gauze pad with tip remover/acetone and then wrap tin foil around it. This creates and keeps heat within it and the other nails can be worked on whilst these ones are soaking. Perfect!!

Adele Cutler
Peppercorn Nails

Fingerspa..... i use the wearable soakers called fingerspa.... i brought them from nailsplus beauty.. they are individual chambers that are funky pink and clear you fill them with remover/acetone (even oils etc) and twist them on to each finger.. this way the client can still move her hand around.. ideal iff only one of two fingers need removal - you can be getting on with the othets on the same hand.... i love them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back