Extension techs - do you invest in quality scissors?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.H.E

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently looking to invest in some higher quality scissors and thinning scissors to cut and blend extensions - any recommendations?

I have been looking at Joe Well and Jaguar but unsure, I need to feel them I think for fit and comfort but not being in a salon its quite difficult to do so.

Do you all invest in good scissors? If so, what do you use?

You want to get yourself to a trade show, blackpools in march, so you can have a good feel.

I understand you dont want to spend tooo much as extensions are a bit tougher due to the coatings, your not needing to do precision cuts and dry cuts can all dull scissors.

Im going for a japanese long blade which are made for dry slicing and being bigger cuts through all that hair in 1 slice (my current scissors mayaswell be nail scissors theyre so wee). regular bevel blades are built to hold hair so they dont slide and actually snag up.

Im also interested in seeing the effects of a hot razor and if thats worth the investment.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
I use my jaguar scissors and got a pair of 7 inch jaguar ice for £60 from salon direct which i think are great for cutting extensions plus there japanese maid so they are good scissors for cutting course/ dry hair.

I use jaguars when cutting extensions and clients hair, if the hair quality is high on the extensions then they should not blunt your scissors. Also the size of your scissors are advised to be from the bottom of your palm to the tip of your middle finger :) you'll be less likely to take chunks out yourself.

Thanks all for your replies.

I did study hairdressing years ago and I do not do it now and I am not insured to do so; I do however tend to do my kids hair (my daughter is 16 and constantly changing) so I think I may need to invest in a couple of pairs eventually.

I do have ladies that due to fairly troublesome hair have to have half bonds and a shorter cut.

I also have very large man hands so I will need to get myself to a trade show which I had not thought of - thanks all for your suggestions.

Latest posts

Back