Extensions help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leenie81

Beautify
Reaction score
Does anyone know why when I get other brands of extensions they always separate and go like this whereas when I get great lengths the same amount they sit better? I have been looking for a cheaper range as great lengths are expensive but think ik have to go back to them
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461012877.670787.jpg

The first pic is 75bonds of hair planet

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461012964.496378.jpg
this picture is 75 bonds of great lengths

Always remember, "you get what you pay for". Is there a particular reason why you'd want to go for a lower priced extension brand when Great Lenghts is working well for you? I've tried my brands of fusion and GL, by far has been the best in bond & hair quality.

Always remember, "you get what you pay for". Is there a particular reason why you'd want to go for a lower priced extension brand when Great Lenghts is working well for you? I've tried my brands of fusion and GL, by far has been the best in bond & hair quality.
I am a nightmare with extensions , they irritate me so I only have then in for two months and then out again and re done so I was thinking of a cheaper way of doing it but I think I need to stick to great lengths , I just wish my hair would grow nice but the ends are so thin
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461063447.320882.jpg
what would your advice be? X

I am a nightmare with extensions , they irritate me so I only have then in for two months and then out again and re done so I was thinking of a cheaper way of doing it but I think I need to stick to great lengths , I just wish my hair would grow nice but the ends are so thin View attachment 196322 what would your advice be? X

Lol I do the same thing! I have my extensions in for 1-2 months take them out then decide I want them back in so then buy a new set I end up wasting so much money haha what method do you have? Bonds? And as for your hair not growing as the the ends being thin mine is the same because the ends are damaged so before I get a set of extensions put in I get a trim and then after I get them out I get a trim so I don't feel like much is coming off but it's slowly getting rid of the dead ends and my hair is actually getting longer where as before it was just snapping at the ends because I wasn't getting t trimmed :) I take biotin and tablets for hair growth from Holland and barret everyday and when I get my extensions taken out I can really see how much they are making my hair grow quicker :) X

I know it's a lot more money but you can re use the Great Lengths hair more than once! The stylist would just have to re bond them for you. I've opted for great lengths this time, normally have the cheaper ones & my goodness! I will never go back to the cheaper ones again! They always seem to go frizzy I think, that's just me though & im loving my great lengths. X

Lol I do the same thing! I have my extensions in for 1-2 months take them out then decide I want them back in so then buy a new set I end up wasting so much money haha what method do you have? Bonds? And as for your hair not growing as the the ends being thin mine is the same because the ends are damaged so before I get a set of extensions put in I get a trim and then after I get them out I get a trim so I don't feel like much is coming off but it's slowly getting rid of the dead ends and my hair is actually getting longer where as before it was just snapping at the ends because I wasn't getting t trimmed :) I take biotin and tablets for hair growth from Holland and barret everyday and when I get my extensions taken out I can really see how much they are making my hair grow quicker :) X
Omg I can't believe there's someone else like me :) I take biotin too! I have bonds. What hair do you have put in? X

I know it's a lot more money but you can re use the Great Lengths hair more than once! The stylist would just have to re bond them for you. I've opted for great lengths this time, normally have the cheaper ones & my goodness! I will never go back to the cheaper ones again! They always seem to go frizzy I think, that's just me though & im loving my great lengths. X
I love great lengths sooooo much! The girl who does mine doesn't re bond them but I could maybe find someone who does? X

That would be the best thing to do Hun as my hairdresser re bonds them which will save me a fortune in the long run xx

Omg I can't believe there's someone else like me :) I take biotin too! I have bonds. What hair do you have put in? X
Do you see a difference with using Biotin?, and I normally have bonds aswell! But I'm switching to micro beads because they can be pushed up so will last longer then bonds and won't have to be retipped after every removal like bonds do. So just think I'll save money that way!
Also I do think the removal process of bonds can be quite harsh. I think it's okay every 3- 4 months but if your having them taken out every 2 months like I was and then put back and then taken out it dosnt help the hair especially when it's already thin and weaker xx

Do you see a difference with using Biotin?, and I normally have bonds aswell! But I'm switching to micro beads because they can be pushed up so will last longer then bonds and won't have to be retipped after every removal like bonds do. So just think I'll save money that way!
Also I do think the removal process of bonds can be quite harsh. I think it's okay every 3- 4 months but if your having them taken out every 2 months like I was and then put back and then taken out it dosnt help the hair especially when it's already thin and weaker xx
Yeah I think your right , a girl at my salon has started doing nano rings so in tempted to try them but I found all hair other than great lengths goes kind of stringy and separate on me so I'm worried I won't like them? I think maybe that's why mine is thin from having them removed so often :-( xx

If you would like samples of our Brazilian, Mongolian or Slavic Russian hair, let us know.
We can also re tip, even if you would like to send us your Great Lengths hair we can flat tip or stick tip.

By the way, are your bonds rolled or flat folded? I find doing flat folds makes the hair lay better and not so "piecey" in its individual strands. x

Hair rebellion virgin Peruvian extensions are a dream!! Iv had a client that have had these in over 18months and there affordable X

Hair rebellion virgin Peruvian extensions are a dream!! Iv had a client that have had these in over 18months and there affordable X
Does the hair go dry at the ends at all? Xx

If you would like samples of our Brazilian, Mongolian or Slavic Russian hair, let us know.
We can also re tip, even if you would like to send us your Great Lengths hair we can flat tip or stick tip.
Could I try samples? X

No Iv had a client who's had it in 18 months!! I wear it as well its the best Iv had n Iv paid over £800 for extensions before. Because it's not branded it's not as expensive as other high end companies X

No Iv had a client who's had it in 18 months!! I wear it as well its the best Iv had n Iv paid over £800 for extensions before. Because it's not branded it's not as expensive as other high end companies X
Ah really I might try it then! Have you tried there Indian hair? Xx

I would ask for a sample from Fabulong Hair Extensions Hun they are amazing xx

Latest posts

Back